62 members have voted

1. 1. Top Region Team in 2017?

• Camden
    • Cheatham County
    • Fairview
    • Harpeth
    • Stewart County
    • Sycamore

For someone that doesn't care either way you sure are doing a lot of investigating. I'm sure that hasn't nothing to do with your brother at Fairview. I trust the people I've talked to. If this kid had not been shopping around back in the off season it wouldn't look so bad. When a player gets into a fight at practice and then states that "that was the last stray" and then pops up at a school that happens to be the best in the region and has several of his good friends there it looks mighty suspicious. 

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I'm not going to quarrel over this matter with you or anyone else.  It makes no difference to me.  If he plays great.  If he doesn't play great.  I've only stated that 3 times now on this topic.  I did see on his dad's social media page where his relationship no longer says married.  I also know that they have a court date set for November.  I also know that his dad is the primary guardian.  I don't think that it's "a joke" as several people are claiming.  You can only prove what's documented in a court of law.  You can't prove intent.  

Who's quarreling? It was all funny when "it's about to get knee deep", until someone disagrees with you. There is really nothing to agree or disagree about. You're stating facts that we all know...we know he has changed his status...we know he has a court date set for after the season ends...

All I'm saying is, I don't care what they have done legally or how they have covered their tracks, everyone that's using their brain and an ounce of common sense knows this was a football move. 

You can keep saying how you don't care one way or the other...but you do cause you get butt hurt if I make a comment about it being shady. I'm at least being honest...I DO CARE. I know they will get away with it, I know they have covered themselves legally and I know he will be on the field when Fairview plays every team in the region, but I'll still say it loud and proud: The James Family lied and this was a garbage move.

Edited by DariusJamesLivesWithUs

1 hour ago, DariusJamesLivesWithUs said:

Who's quarreling? It was all funny when "it's about to get knee deep", until someone disagrees with you. There is really nothing to agree or disagree about. You're stating facts that we all know...we know he has changed his status...we know he has a court date set for after the season ends...

All I'm saying is, I don't care what they have done legally or how they have covered their tracks, everyone that's using their brain and an ounce of common sense knows this was a football move. 

You can keep saying how you don't care one way or the other...but you do cause you get butt hurt if I make a comment about it being shady. I'm at least being honest...I DO CARE. I know they will get away with it, I know they have covered themselves legally and I know he will be on the field when Fairview plays every team in the region, but I'll still say it loud and proud: The James Family lied and this was a garbage move.

That's your opinion.  You're entitled to it. 

7 hours ago, buckeyeball said:

For someone that doesn't care either way you sure are doing a lot of investigating. I'm sure that hasn't nothing to do with your brother at Fairview. I trust the people I've talked to. If this kid had not been shopping around back in the off season it wouldn't look so bad. When a player gets into a fight at practice and then states that "that was the last stray" and then pops up at a school that happens to be the best in the region and has several of his good friends there it looks mighty suspicious. 

That's your opinion.  I wasn't even talking to you.  I could care less how you feel that "it looks" honestly.  Good luck to the Cubs this year as always.  You should have an outstanding season.

Edited by howdoitknow

How dare ANYONE question the integrity of one Christian Gabriel Hughes! Best coach in the region and in Williamson Co history. When he graduated from FHS in 1966 they were a shell of what they are now. He doesn't need players transferring in to win! After the beating they put on Marshall Co 2 weeks ago they should be in line for a state title run...BOOK IT!!

I am happy for the kid if he is that good let him play for who he wants.  A kid from Big Sandy a couple years back thought about transferring to Camden for Basketball his senior year . He was a D1 player in my mind and playing with Vick in a larger classification would have really show cased him. Instead he stayed home played 1a ball and ended up at Bethel .  Everyone and their mom gets a scholarship there and to be honest Bethel only  pays for about half of the cost of school of which bethel charges double what most schools charge so is that really a scholarship at all?

Camden is down this year for sure.Only way we finish as high as second is if the rest of the region is just that bad.:?

22 hours ago, THUNDERLIPS said:

How dare ANYONE question the integrity of one Christian Gabriel Hughes! Best coach in the region and in Williamson Co history. When he graduated from FHS in 1966 they were a shell of what they are now. He doesn't need players transferring in to win! After the beating they put on Marshall Co 2 weeks ago they should be in line for a state title run...BOOK IT!!

Not sure if this is sarcasm or you are being serious.

23 hours ago, THUNDERLIPS said:

You must of watched a different game. Marshall killed them. JV maybe lost but Varsity didn't even let them cross the 50 yard line in Varsity. lol

• Upvote 1

On 8/7/2017 at 3:50 PM, howdoitknow said:

That's your opinion.  I wasn't even talking to you.  I could care less how you feel that "it looks" honestly.  Good luck to the Cubs this year as always.  You should have an outstanding season.

Nothing out of the ordinary here. You have no idea what you're talking about. I don't care if you were talking to me. This is an open forum. We are discussing the facts of a player that transferred under very suspicious circumstances. Since I have spoken with parents at Sycamore I probably know more about the situation than you. It looks like you have some anger towards the teams in Cheatham County. I've seen you rip the admin out there many times and now you don't seem to mind that a rule may have broken, that hurts Sycamore, to benefit a team inside your own region. Never mind the fact that the team benefiting from this is a team you are linked to.