Dresden verses Westview

ysoangry

From what I could gather from Mr Twinkle on the radio it sounded like a pretty good 1A team beat a pretty bad 3A team. Granted it was first game of the year and both teams have a ton to work on. Crawford started out shaky but sounded like the game came to him later on. The Lions will be decent to pretty good as they should improve. Anything like last year and that is just insane to say. Still think the district is between LC and Dresden and who wins is a toss up.

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Dresden is a good team but they are not even close to the team they were last year. Nobody in their right mind would think they could be. Dresden had a once in a lifetime team last year. Remember Westview was an 0 and 10 team last year. Westview looked somewhat improved but they will struggle to win many games this year. Like I said Dresden is a good team but in my opinion the streak will come to and end this regular season.

I haven't heard anyone say we would be as good as last year! Last year is exactly that, last year, time to move on 

3 hours ago, ysoangry said:

From what I could gather from Mr Twinkle on the radio it sounded like a pretty good 1A team beat a pretty bad 3A team. Granted it was first game of the year and both teams have a ton to work on. Crawford started out shaky but sounded like the game came to him later on. The Lions will be decent to pretty good as they should improve. Anything like last year and that is just insane to say. Still think the district is between LC and Dresden and who wins is a toss up.

good to get the w..solid team

13 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

Glad this was a slug-fest fight, a back & forth battle. Neither team letting up, both teams had mistakes & big plays on both sides of the ball, with pure fight & tenacity on both teams. Proud of both teams, and extra happy our Lions got that first W. .. And man oh man, there are some true freshmen & underclassmen who are playing lights out, with last year's upperclassmen leading the way. Opponents can't go by last years team. We have a new coach with new offence & strategy, new defensive schemes, new players with diff skill sets. Put it together, and it looks like Lions are on the verge of being able to do what the best teams do almost yearly... We are not rebuilding, just reloading. Two or three deep we can tap their shoulder, send them in to play and there's hardly any let-up. This first win don't get a gold ball, however, even as one penny is the first step to a million dollars, so is this win the first step to their own gold & rings that awaits at the end of their journey. Next step is the game at Spring Hill, this Fri. at 7:.00.  After enjoying this win men, laser focus in on preparing for next team. Give Spring Hill the "Dresden experience" too. Beast mode team!

We were not watching the same game.

14 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

Glad this was a slug-fest fight, a back & forth battle. Neither team letting up, both teams had mistakes & big plays on both sides of the ball, with pure fight & tenacity on both teams. Proud of both teams, and extra happy our Lions got that first W. .. And man oh man, there are some true freshmen & underclassmen who are playing lights out, with last year's upperclassmen leading the way. Opponents can't go by last years team. We have a new coach with new offence & strategy, new defensive schemes, new players with diff skill sets. Put it together, and it looks like Lions are on the verge of being able to do what the best teams do almost yearly... We are not rebuilding, just reloading. Two or three deep we can tap their shoulder, send them in to play and there's hardly any let-up. This first win don't get a gold ball, however, even as one penny is the first step to a million dollars, so is this win the first step to their own gold & rings that awaits at the end of their journey. Next step is the game at Spring Hill, this Fri. at 7:.00.  After enjoying this win men, laser focus in on preparing for next team. Give Spring Hill the "Dresden experience" too. Beast mode team!

You making the trip to "Spring Hill"?

Haha. :D Typo for sure. It was late night & I had actually read a few articles about the football game Spring Hill in Columbia area had. Sounded like an exciting game. And I slipped a gear for sure (very common for this hick from the sticks) thinking about our week 2 game with Scotts Hill near Reagan. Nice, new school building they got too. Both our schools have same colors & mascot (Camden too). Scotts Hill, Spring Hill, maybe even a Sandy Hill, Swan Hill, Shadows Hill, Squirrels Hill, Snails Hill, Shady Hill, Spirit Hill, Snider's Hill, Sugar Hill, Sioux Hill, Snake Hill, Storm Hill, Salmon Hill, Shorty's Hill, Shark Hill, Sniper's Hill, Swede's Hill, Snow Hill, & who knows what else "___ Hill" name for a town is out there in them hilly areas. Ha. Easy to confuse an old codger like me who's the town clown & doesn't know anything anyways, and I should be ignored. Plus I've been thru many such towns in my travelling-the-USA days. All dem towns get all jumbled up in that tiny, empty, injured-often area between my ears. Sho Nuf. Yehaw. Pass that jug my cuz from da Hill. :D:D:D LUV IT!