Top teams in A

tonym3143

On 10/30/2017 at 2:18 PM, uknoit2 said:

Not sure what Meigs will have this season....Feel Hampton is another year away from being tourney strong...But they will be stout in 2019 and forward for a few years

So what are you thinking up that way this season? We will look totally different than last year but I expect to compete again and if we get hot might end up in the Boro 

1 minute ago, bluedevil6913 said:

So what are you thinking up that way this season? We will look totally different than last year but I expect to compete again and if we get hot might end up in the Boro 

BD, it appears to me We love to shoot the 3 ball...A LOT! Shooting  20% behind the arch aint gonna cut it! We gotta fall in love with the drive and improve our power game!  I'm hoping to see a totally different game out of these boys by Christmas...And we'll see it IF they are coachable

17 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

BD, it appears to me We love to shoot the 3 ball...A LOT! Shooting  20% behind the arch aint gonna cut it! We gotta fall in love with the drive and improve our power game!  I'm hoping to see a totally different game out of these boys by Christmas...And we'll see it IF they are coachable

Will you all be down here at Christmas? I haven't seen a schedule. Any idea what the other teams will be like up that way 

Edited by bluedevil6913
Spelling

6 minutes ago, bluedevil6913 said:

Will you all be down here at Christmas? I haven't seen a schedule. Any idea what the other teams will be like up that way 

I did see a schedule and I'm pretty sure we're not heading that way this year. Cloudland could make a run but I'm not sure about S Greene or Cosby...I'll find out about the rest of the field and let you know.

We got the pieces and could be there in the end, but some are young, timid pieces...Heck, ill just tell ya, we gotta become ballplayers instead of campers! Ballplayers move, slash and cut...This isn't Hampton basketball right now

50 minutes ago, bluedevil6913 said:

The Sophomore class at Harriman right now has always competed at a high level in basketball and are going to get to get some clock and develop at the high school level on top of already having some good pieces taking over too. 

Our sophomore class looks pretty good too...as a matter of fact, we're dressing and playing 3 or 4 sophomores on varsity only now...we have a few other sophomores and a couple freshmen developing under Coach Matheson now too...Next year's incoming freshmen are also promising, meaning we should be a tuff out for the next few years...Some of these young ones had brothers that played at the boro and they want to get back there soon.

28 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I did see a schedule and I'm pretty sure we're not heading that way this year. Cloudland could make a run but I'm not sure about S Greene or Cosby...I'll find out about the rest of the field and let you know.

We got the pieces and could be there in the end, but some are young, timid pieces...Heck, ill just tell ya, we gotta become ballplayers instead of campers! Ballplayers move, slash and cut...This isn't Hampton basketball right now

I am feeling a little more confident in this group.. the kids that are stepping on the court as starters this year for us can be a great complete group but I don't see us having any superstars, which I tend to like on a basketball court anyway. I think we will run into each other a couple times the next few years as we have a good class of freshman and sophomores.. we've got a kid who can be a stud that is a freshman 

4 minutes ago, bluedevil6913 said:

I am feeling a little more confident in this group.. the kids that are stepping on the court as starters this year for us can be a great complete group but I don't see us having any superstars, which I tend to like on a basketball court anyway. I think we will run into each other a couple times the next few years as we have a good class of freshman and sophomores.. we've got a kid who can be a stud that is a freshman 

Not sure if we have one with the "superstar" mentality, but the bench is a good place for such a one! We will have a few that can flat out play!

Look forward to seeing ya pal! But keep me updated until then.

2 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Not sure if we have one with the "superstar" mentality, but the bench is a good place for such a one! We will have a few that can flat out play!

Look forward to seeing ya pal! But keep me updated until then.

Coach T has you all coming down for the Classic but only the rhea co game listed with two open dates.. I will go give the dogs a look if that's the case 

30 minutes ago, bluedevil6913 said:

What's the freshman's name? You think he'll get any varsity minutes this year?

17 hours ago, ucdiditagain said:

Union City is way far from being down.  They will play 12 deep, loaded with shooters and can run the floor.    Already beaten Covington at their place.  e had a freshman lead all scorers last night against Gibson County with 22 points.  The McMillan players from Westview transferred over and only made what was going to be a strong team stronger.  U C will be just fine and a team that should make some serious noise in the district, regional and even state tournament.  We have kids who can fill the basket from 30 feet, one right after another.  We have like 5 shoot guards and kids who can penetrate and create their won shot.  They are fun to watch and a team many feel to make some noise.

Beat Cov without their football players