Top teams in A

tonym3143

10 minutes ago, Purple & Gold Standard said:

Did yall get to play Ripley and USJ or did they get cancelled because the Falcons are still playing football ??...Good luck Friday night ....

We played Ripley. Ripley dominated us .They  just had to much talent. About 82 to 40 something .Lake Co also didn't play their best player, the Cheirs  kid also they call Fat Daddy .He was in the coach doghouse. He didn't play in the Jamboree against Dyersburg at all a couple nights earlier. Dyersburg won 36-32 in a half. Mathany ,Abbot and Johnson all starters last year are still playing football. Hear Johnson ,the running back isn't going to play basketball though.Lake Co girls beat Ripley but going to be a very long year for the girls. Play Halls tonight.

Edited by mrbigster

19 hours ago, Purple & Gold Standard said:

Some good LC talent has gone to Dyersburg and Dyer County...

People don't move into LC for hardly any reason. People might move in and out of UC because of various (not many anymore) jobs available. LC doesn't have that. 

When Goodyear moved every school district I talked with (UC, OC, LC, Weakley) talked about losing kids because of Goodyear closing. It devastated the area. Goodyear was so good for people that my uncles could live in Ridgley and drive to UC for 20+ years and still do well for themselves. People could live in different towns and go to those local schools. Today there are no jobs like that in the area. Newbern and Dyersburg don't even have the jobs they used to have. 

When I was young (it's hard to say that) North West TN was kicking with jobs. A person could live in Troy and drive to Newbern or Dyersburg for a job. Goodyear was so good for people that my uncles could live in Ridgley and drive to UC for 20+ years and still do well for themselves. Now if there is a job people wanna live near so they don't have to spend so much in transit. People from LC have always driven to Dyersburg for one reason or another. 

When LC is good it's not because of transfers it's because there is a generation or 3 that are athletic and are driven enough to be competitive. UC is the same way. They just tend to have a new face in town every 3-4 years or so.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:22 AM, mrbigster said:

I know he did.But he didn't go to school at westview for some reason.

Dude, no one says you have to live in Martin if you are the head coach at any UTM sport.  The Stewarts live in U C.  I'm sorry if you can't live with the fact that U C beats Lake Co. 9 out of 10 times at anything we do.  You pushed the buttons.  So, you have folks who move in to lake County to work at the prison and have kids that come to school there.  You have folks who live outside lake county and work at the prison but kids go to other schools.  Sorry, your way off base.  Like I said, you just can't accept the fact that U C beats your green and gold most of the time.  I wish the Falcons the best and hope they win in football.  I'm not a hater on your team.  Accept the facts and move on. 

On November 23, 2017 at 10:19 PM, ucdiditagain said:

Dude, no one says you have to live in Martin if you are the head coach at any UTM sport.  The Stewarts live in U C.  I'm sorry if you can't live with the fact that U C beats Lake Co. 9 out of 10 times at anything we do.  You pushed the buttons.  So, you have folks who move in to lake County to work at the prison and have kids that come to school there.  You have folks who live outside lake county and work at the prison but kids go to other schools.  Sorry, your way off base.  Like I said, you just can't accept the fact that U C beats your green and gold most of the time.  I wish the Falcons the best and hope they win in football.  I'm not a hater on your team.  Accept the facts and move on. 

This is false. I recently worked at UTM. The Stewarts actually reside in Martin.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:19 PM, ucdiditagain said:

I like playing UC win or lose. Maybe we need the woman to come back and coach so the coach want be intimidated by Sisco and have a chance to wi..Once yall quit recruiting players to come to UC ,you won't win as much.The year UC went undefeated,had we had her instead of an older Whitby that was nt the same coach he was at Central,LC would have won 2 of the 3 games and probably all 3.Let M.J. Brown shoot a 3 ball with only 7 seconds left on the clock and UC taking the ball out of bounds.But shoula,coula ,woulda.Hope UC wins in football Friday night.Still wish we played them in football. Especially the next several seasons with our team only being sophomores.And middle school was laoded.Middle school team has beaten UC the past 3 seasons so if they played,next few years could be a lot different.

13 hours ago, Purple & Gold Standard said:

And if Pat Polk don't hit a 75 ft shot at the buzzer in Poplar Bluff we don't beat Raytown South ... In sports you gotta get some breaks ... UC got them LC didn't ..

Didn't realize they hit a 75 footer. that year .But  your right. all championship teams have to get a break somewhere during a season. Same when Tenn  won the national championship and their game with Arkansas. Union City had better hope they have some good freshmen ,sophomores  and juniors or have some transfers move in because their middle school team isn't even average for a middle school team.

Humboldt Vikings has started the season off against some though competition (4-3), losing a close game to undefeated Liberty Tech, & losing two (2) games to 6A schools( Halls, Arkansas & St. Paul Louisiana team). This team is still trying to find the right chemistry but playing tough bigger schools will only make them better so hopefully by tournament time they will be ready. It's crazy not seeing Lake County or Union City on the regular season schedule want see them until regional tournament but got to make it to regional first.

3 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Humboldt Vikings has started the season off against some though competition (4-3), losing a close game to undefeated Liberty Tech, & losing two (2) games to 6A schools( Halls, Arkansas & St. Paul Louisiana team). This team is still trying to find the right chemistry but playing tough bigger schools will only make them better so hopefully by tournament time they will be ready. It's crazy not seeing Lake County or Union City on the regular season schedule want see them until regional tournament but got to make it to regional first.

Ridiculous, really ...