Top teams in A

tonym3143

Union City boys for sure have our district sewed up.In girls play,feally didnt think the girls would win 4 games all year.Just not enough talent.He just doesnt have anything he can do.Only a couple good players.I like the Blevins girl and little white girl,Carly Rivers and see a girl ,Amity Scott that has potential.Blevins and Emma York got hurt during the UC game and if they are out for a lengthy time,wont win a game.Was suppose to have a big girl,around 6 foot on the team that would have helped in rebounding,block shots or at least make other teams change their shots.Was told she wasnt going to play to maybe after  Christmas if she does what she needs to do.If the other 2 girls arent hurt bad,with her LC will be better.Think they may beat Union City.Dont think theyd beat Greenfield.Dont know about Dresden and Gleason.Ive seen Greenfield but not Dresden and Gleason.But UC boys have district wrapped up .

20 hours ago, HoopsTN1 said:

I have heard the LC coach doesn't really know what he is doing, but LC gets what they deserve. Ran your last coach out of town, and I am glad to have him back in Dyersburg!

From what I know,he was brought in to be assistant football coach.Not sure if he's ever coached basketball.Doesnt look like he has by the looks of things.

On 11/30/2017 at 6:36 AM, mrbigster said:

Didn't realize they hit a 75 footer. that year .But  your right. all championship teams have to get a break somewhere during a season. Same when Tenn  won the national championship and their game with Arkansas. Union City had better hope they have some good freshmen ,sophomores  and juniors or have some transfers move in because their middle school team isn't even average for a middle school team.

Our middle school team will be just fine we are really young.  We actually won the conference last year and went to state with "home grown" kids.  I also played on that 08 team and respected lake co but I will tell you a woman coach or not was going to make a difference that year & all of us were "home grown" 

Edited by uc2008

Lake Co wont win against the really good teams .Best  player now off the team from what I hear wasn't a team player. Too much me. Had Central by 1 at the half the other night but Coach has his best shooter bringing the ball up the court each play against the press and guarding best player.Too much for him to do without tiring or getting in foul trouble. Noticed late in the game his shot was off.Just touching the front of the rim on some shots. Too worn out.LC would break the press and have a gut wide open for a 3 ball on the wing .But that player didn't make any. The Polk kid, best shooter should be the one in that spot with others bringing the ball up against the press. Seems like he knows a little about the game but still just some basics he doesn't have a clue.Got to protect your best shooter from getting tired from playing against other teams best player and help keep him out of foul trouble.

On 8/11/2017 at 0:57 PM, MauryCoHoops said:

Region 3: Van Buren County has Caden Mills returning, so with any supporting cast the Eagles could return to the State Tournament.

Region 5: Columbia Academy only had two seniors last year and are returning all but one starter from a team that made a semifinals run in last years State Tournament. 

Region 6: Loretto is returning a number of players from their State Tournament team and added an actual basketball coach. 

Only problem with Lake Co. is that they are still in the same district as Union City and Region with Humboldt

Region 8: Watch W.E.B. Dubois and MASE  

WEB Dubois was a one hit wonder and couldn't even make it to regional. MASE is really good but behind Douglas, Manassas, and MAHS right now. WEB Dubois won't make it past district tourney again. Even with playing lil Catt who should not be eligible because he played AAU ball with dubios head coach plus he was at BTW last season.