Top teams in A

tonym3143

One of the biggest disappointments is Lake Co. Wasn't  expecting them to win the title but they have more talent than their record. Whether its lack of effort or coaching or both, its a shame. Watched them play Central before Christmas and I think LC had a 1 point lead at half. Got beat about 20.Last night, Central hopped into town with 4 starters suspended and LC basically let 1 player beat them. Number 3 is a player for them.24 played well also.I watched 2 or 3 players try to guard #3 and he blew by every one of them.Number 22 came off the bench, has very good speed but #3 went around him and the other 2 with with ease.Its like hes around me,got to catch up but he just went to the basket and scored a layup or got others in foul trouble because they had to leave their man.Coach,its called not knowing how to play defense .Do es LC players not know how to move or shuffle their feet in a defensive stand.Should have learned that in middle school.OPne player shouldn't get around the defensive guy every time.I'm thinking the coach know a little about basketball,about if you make a shot its 2 or 3 points,what fouls are.Dont think he knows the overall effort or schemes.Seems like he doesn't know how to free his best shooter up.Having him break the press,spending too much effort on defense and tiring out.Wondering if he knows what a box and 1 is.A 2-3 zone?Really don't know what he knows .But hes the coach.Think he came for football and the posttion opened up and he probably wanted it and he was already there so the job became his.

On 12/28/2017 at 7:25 PM, watchman72 said:

Off topic, but watching Moore Co boys play...is their coach as big an asshat as he comes off as?  Screaming at the players like that really motivate them?  I’d throw my jersey in his face. 

Actually a good dude. But thanks for noticing the intensity he's trying to instill in a bunch of soft boys. 

In 6A  Monterey, Clay Co and Pickett Co are all very good. PC is finally playing up to their expectations after upsets by Jackson Co and Clarkrange and being outplayed at Clay Co. Now they are on a 5 game winning streak and Tuesday's game will be a big one against Monterey. PC won 83-46 over Gordonsville last night...how did Monterey only beat them by twoThe district has had some surprises with Monterey only beating Gordonsville and Trousdale Co by 2 and 1 points and then beating Clay Co by 26.

2 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

In 6A  Monterey, Clay Co and Pickett Co are all very good. PC is finally playing up to their expectations after upsets by Jackson Co and Clarkrange and being outplayed at Clay Co. Now they are on a 5 game winning streak and Tuesday's game will be a big one against Monterey. PC won 83-46 over Gordonsville last night...how did Monterey only beat them by twoThe district has had some surprises with Monterey only beating Gordonsville and Trousdale Co by 2 and 1 points and then beating Clay Co by 26.

This is after the Monterey game... Pickett led from early on and won with their biggest lead 9 points. With that win and Clay Co losing to RBS, it looks like PC is the team to beat...right now. But as we have seen already, any team can go into a slump. With PC still having to play at Monterey and still behind them by 2 games, it will be hard to catch the Wildcats. PC also beat Trousdale Co last night 68-35 with Dawson Abbott scoring 32 and having 8 threes.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:52 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

This is after the Monterey game... Pickett led from early on and won with their biggest lead 9 points. With that win and Clay Co losing to RBS, it looks like PC is the team to beat...right now. But as we have seen already, any team can go into a slump. With PC still having to play at Monterey and still behind them by 2 games, it will be hard to catch the Wildcats. PC also beat Trousdale Co last night 68-35 with Dawson Abbott scoring 32 and having 8 threes.

Its funny about Monterey cause I was wondering the same! It is as though they play to the speed of who they are playing! I have had my thoughts on this plenty of times in the past!

• 2 weeks later...

I think Humboldt is still the top team in Single A they should have won the tournament last year if it wasnt for just a fluke of a bad game. They returned their two big men in Pankey and Jones and even though their backcourt isnt as good as it was last year their improving every game. They have played a tough schedule this year to get them ready for a state tournament run.

5 hours ago, Volsrule3 said:

I think Humboldt is still the top team in Single A they should have won the tournament last year if it wasnt for just a fluke of a bad game. They returned their two big men in Pankey and Jones and even though their backcourt isnt as good as it was last year their improving every game. They have played a tough schedule this year to get them ready for a state tournament run.

Humboldt just needs to play team ball on defense & offense and they will have a chance to make it to Murfreesboro! The road will be hard with Trenton, Middleton & TCA in District! The Vikings can sometime loose focus & play in spurts! If, this teams play four (4) quarters of team ball they will be hard to beat! As well as play best defense against teams because you can’t play man all the time especially when refs are calling game right make team earn points!! This team is not a good man defense like last year’s team!!