Top teams in A

tonym3143

Humboldt plays at Trenton tomorrow who beat #3 Middleton by 24 points at Middleton so rankings don’t mean nothing. Trenton will be ready for the Vikings with two (2) good guards & 6’7 Center, Humboldt must contain the guards in order to win! Humboldt need win to stay unbeaten in the District. Humboldt has been playing good basketball after x-mas but needs to finish season strong! If, the vikings come to play, I’ll take Vikings by at least 10! Vikings need to stay out of foul trouble & play good team defense without fouling, had to many fouls last time they played!!!

The 6-7 kid makes a good Trenton team even better. Trenton was hitting everything the other night at Middleton and Middleton played awful. I am very curious to see how the Humboldt/Trenton game goes. One thing I know for sure, if you don't guard the perimeter against Trenton, they'll light you up!!

Btw...the 6-7 kid didn't play against Middleton in their 1st game...has he been playing this year? 

Edited by tonym3143

11 hours ago, tonym3143 said:

The 6-7 kid makes a good Trenton team even better. Trenton was hitting everything the other night at Middleton and Middleton played awful. I am very curious to see how the Humboldt/Trenton game goes. One thing I know for sure, if you don't guard the perimeter against Trenton, they'll light you up!!

Btw...the 6-7 kid didn't play against Middleton in their 1st game...has he been playing this year? 

Yes, he played in the first game against Humboldt! Humboldt needs to play four (4) quarters & they will be alright just can’t let Trenton guards beat you from the outside!! Going to be a packed gym tonight in Trenton so get there early if you plan on attending!!

1 hour ago, TennSportsFan77 said:

There are going to be some good region and sectional games in west TN

Yes, you better come & play four (4) quarters or you will be exiting the tournament early! Humboldt escaped last night after playing a bad 4th quarter but a win is a win! District tournament is around the corner & seedings is going to crucial for regional tournament!

• 2 weeks later...

We had a dandy tonight in Middleton...Middleton pulls off a nice win against Humboldt... 86-75. The best thing about it is that we get to see them go at it again real soon. Pankey is a stud...if he'd stayed out of foul trouble tonight, very easily could have been a win for Humboldt. Parks and Berry showed out for Middleton. That right there is what West Tenn single A basketball is all about...I'm ready for round 2!!!

5 hours ago, tonym3143 said:

We had a dandy tonight in Middleton...Middleton pulls off a nice win against Humboldt... 86-75. The best thing about it is that we get to see them go at it again real soon. Pankey is a stud...if he'd stayed out of foul trouble tonight, very easily could have been a win for Humboldt. Parks and Berry showed out for Middleton. That right there is what West Tenn single A basketball is all about...I'm ready for round 2!!!

Yes, Middle played a great game. Humboldt got to play better defense without fouling Saturday or it's going to be another lost & this is for regular season championship and #1 seed in district tournament. I don't understand why Humboldt would stay in a man defense & trying to trap when they see refs are calling it close, got to make game adjustment. The gym will be packed in Humboldt Saturday & hopefully it will be another good game this district tournament is going to come down to whoever makes game time adjustment because Trenton, TCA, Middleton or Humboldt can beat each other on any given night. 

4 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Yes, Middle played a great game. Humboldt got to play better defense without fouling Saturday or it's going to be another lost & this is for regular season championship and #1 seed in district tournament. I don't understand why Humboldt would stay in a man defense & trying to trap when they see refs are calling it close, got to make game adjustment. The gym will be packed in Humboldt Saturday & hopefully it will be another good game this district tournament is going to come down to whoever makes game time adjustment because Trenton, TCA, Middleton or Humboldt can beat each other on any given night. 

I agree about Humboldt's defense, I didn't understand why they continued to try the trap when it wasn't working. It'll be interesting to see if they change their defense Saturday night.

• 2 weeks later...