South Pittsburg vs Sequatchie (Grider against this Caine man)

Roy Dillard

31 minutes ago, Indian said:

not sure about a grade to grade comparison, but due to injuries Sequatchie had 5 seniors on the field. I am pretty sure only 1 on offense or defense, any grade, was a regular starter last year (quarterback) though some may have started a game here or there due to injury. Some played quite a bit in backup roles. Would have been nice to have had the most experienced linebacker in there, was 3rd on team in tackles last year, but that's part of the game and he should be back soon. Ones in for him did well as did the team as a whole. Another tough one next week.

Almost identical. SP played 5-6 seniors that I could count last night. 

28 minutes ago, Indian said:

not sure about a grade to grade comparison, but due to injuries Sequatchie had 5 seniors on the field. I am pretty sure only 1 on offense or defense, any grade, was a regular starter last year (quarterback) though some may have started a game here or there due to injury. Some played quite a bit in backup roles. Would have been nice to have had the most experienced linebacker in there, was 3rd on team in tackles last year, but that's part of the game and he should be back soon. Ones in for him did well as did the team as a whole. Another tough one next week.

If I'm not mistaken, and if they stuck together, you guys have  what should be a pretty talented, but inexperienced Junior class.   I remember watching that group in 8th grade, they were a couple plays from playing for the championship.  A shootout on the mountain with us, that Wingo just took over, and an overtime game vs Whitwell the only blemishes....

Coach Caine is a heck of a football coach, develops players into doing things they couldn't do before.  You guy's might start the season 0-2 but it wont be indicative of how good your team really is... 

Let me ask you a question. Why did Grider not pass the durn ball more against that Caine man? Everybody in Griders stadium new he was going to run the ball.  Our boys could not nock a good hole in the line.  If Grider would have thrown a hail marry it would have made that Caine man back his boys up some.  You think im joking but im not. 

2 hours ago, MrLegit said:

Please answer honestly. Does being a senior make you a better football player? If you think that think again. You can either play or you can't. Yes you may be a little stronger or a little more mature but if your not the better football player guess what? 

While there is no substitute for experience, I agree ☝️ 

exspectin there ant a hole lot for them people in them 2 towns that got Kimble surrounded to worry bout when it comes to that FB this year.....as in many years.......specially Boogers old Warriors

dont take that as if Booger pullin big for all u skillet heads

Booger just sayin :D

3 hours ago, Booger said:

exspectin there ant a hole lot for them people in them 2 towns that got Kimble surrounded to worry bout when it comes to that FB this year.....as in many years.......specially Boogers old Warriors

dont take that as if Booger pullin big for all u skillet heads

Booger just sayin :D

Certainly a senior should be individually better player than he was an underclassman. Being a senior does not guarantee a player can or will play better than some other younger players. Experience & older should have impact on ability. A team & players should improve continuely 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

3 minutes ago, bolddust281 said:

congrats to south pitt's refs, hadn't been for them, Squatch wins this one by about 2 tds. I wasn't impressed with sp at all. Undisciplined and lucky to win this one.

When it's said and done sasquatchie took a L. Stop crying about last Friday. If you let it carry on until your game this week you'll be crying for 2 straight weeks cause Marion's about to rock that gourd for ya.