TCA at Jackson Christian Broadcast and Streaming Information

ReitzFan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:56 AM, BullShark said:

The "one-legged" boys will still be looking for a butt kicking contest after week 2!  Based on last night's performance, they will crush poor Fayette Academy worse than JC.  TCA fans been sand-bagging and poor mouthing themselves.  TCA is LEGIT!

Looks like the Lions will be a contender in their District this year. In my mind it could be the toughest in the state in 2A. I know it is in West Tn no doubt about it. This will a District to be very interested in this year. Pretty darn good football teams in it up and down even GC has improved. Looking forward to it!

19 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Don't see us being a contender in the region. No depth.  Jackson Christian was no gauge on how TCA really is. 

Big Ed, If TCA were to start off 4-0 with wins over Adamsville and USJ, would you then stop sandbagging and poor mouthing the one legged boys?  If they were 4-0, miraculously they would probably have 40 plus kids just like Trynottosuck said.  Kids would come out of the wood work to be a part of the winning team.  Probably would add no depth, but it would at least give you some tackling dummies to beat up on in practice.

6 hours ago, BullShark said:

Big Ed, If TCA were to start off 4-0 with wins over Adamsville and USJ, would you then stop sandbagging and poor mouthing the one legged boys?  If they were 4-0, miraculously they would probably have 40 plus kids just like Trynottosuck said.  Kids would come out of the wood work to be a part of the winning team.  Probably would add no depth, but it would at least give you some tackling dummies to beat up on in practice.

First of all I have never poor mouthed our boys. Second if you have 26 kids dressed out and you went 3-8 the year before, then stating you are one legged is not sandbagging. It is a fact. JC is no sign or test for us. Adamsville is going to be the litmus  test for us. I will still say the lack of numbers on the sidelines shows up against teams like Adamsville. 

7 hours ago, BullShark said:

I said that because it's insulting to the players. What I mean is this, in 2012-2014, North Side would always start 2-0/3-0 on their season. We have about 65 players that dressed out (sophomores-seniors only) unless a Freshman can produce on Friday night, but unlikely that rarely happens. When we got off to that 3-0 start and the temperature drops into the high 70's in September, that's when we saw about 5 players randomly on our team. Unfortunately, those 5 players rarely got playing time, and if they did, it would be in blow out games. They mostly were JV players. It may or may not happen everywhere, but it especially happens at North Side. Which in my opinion, it's not fair to the players that worked all June and all July in the heat, 7 on 7's, and scrimmages. I don't know if the TSSAA has a rule, but I wish they can make a rule where all schools have to turn in their roster by their 1st game on Friday night, which will unfortunately kill schools like Middle College, MASE, and TCA for an example. I let BigEd and TCAIntense slide on the lack of the depth in football, but I don't let them slide on that in basketball and baseball because they always have 20 players on basketball and baseball teams. 

15 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I said that because it's insulting to the players. What I mean is this, in 2012-2014, North Side would always start 2-0/3-0 on their season. We have about 65 players that dressed out (sophomores-seniors only) unless a Freshman can produce on Friday night, but unlikely that rarely happens. When we got off to that 3-0 start and the temperature drops into the high 70's in September, that's when we saw about 5 players randomly on our team. Unfortunately, those 5 players rarely got playing time, and if they did, it would be in blow out games. They mostly were JV players. It may or may not happen everywhere, but it especially happens at North Side. Which in my opinion, it's not fair to the players that worked all June and all July in the heat, 7 on 7's, and scrimmages. I don't know if the TSSAA has a rule, but I wish they can make a rule where all schools have to turn in their roster by their 1st game on Friday night, which will unfortunately kill schools like Middle College, MASE, and TCA for an example. I let BigEd and TCAIntense slide on the lack of the depth in football, but I don't let them slide on that in basketball and baseball because they always have 20 players on basketball and baseball teams. 

We don't claim that in basketball and baseball. 30 kids on a basketball team with 5 positions on the floor is crazy. When kids could contribute and experience more in high school

Edited by BigEdMo

On 8/21/2017 at 2:06 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

It happens everywhere.  I agree too.  It is absolutely not fair to those kids that busted their tails all summer. 

This is the best quote I have seen this week on TCA Football: 

I've had a lot of people ask me how TCA will look this season, will y'all be any good? Each year our team has a different roster, sometimes different coaches, different skills, different attitudes, different strengths and weaknesses. Last Friday night, some of what we work for all year long was displayed. Our Lions went into that game hungry and came out with a 54-0 win! It was why I love this game. We saw some amazing passes, catches, runs, and some HARD hits! Yes it's only game 1 but we are loving what we see! Keep it up Lions!!

Very Well said! Week one is in the History books, Week two is here. Keep believing, Keep fighting, Stay Healthy, Proud of this team's efforts thus far. 

4 hours ago, RedRum said:

I've had a lot of people ask me how TCA will look this season, will y'all be any good? Each year our team has a different roster, sometimes different coaches, different skills, different attitudes, different strengths and weaknesses. Last Friday night, some of what we work for all year long was displayed. Our Lions went into that game hungry and came out with a 54-0 win! It was why I love this game. We saw some amazing passes, catches, runs, and some HARD hits! Yes it's only game 1 but we are loving what we see! Keep it up Lions!!

Very Well said! Week one is in the History books, Week two is here. Keep believing, Keep fighting, Stay Healthy, Proud of this team's efforts thus far. 

Glad we drug redrum on the T. He always has insight  but usually wants to convey it face to face. Stay on red we need some help on here with our one legged butt kickers. 

13 hours ago, RedRum said:

The Rum has been resurrected!!