Waverly host Huntingdon

vandyfan1

3 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I don't think they will surprise anybody we all know they are a well rounded team and from what I have read and heard they are really fast. The question is can they out score Waverly. I think turnovers will be the key to winning this one. Waverlys D is nothing like last yr. I think this will be a high scoring game.

If Wavo's defense isn't pretty stout, they'll have to score in bunches...Huntingdon is quick to the hole, and fast enough to cut inside runs to the outside and turn the corner. I remember Waverly's defense as being hard to get outside on too though, and their kids were always where they were supposed to be. Unless the Tigers graduated pretty much the whole team on D, I think that they are too much for the Mustangs. Waverly by a little if Huntingdon comes to play, or a lot if they aren't ready to fight right off the bus.

8 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

If Wavo's defense isn't pretty stout, they'll have to score in bunches...Huntingdon is quick to the hole, and fast enough to cut inside runs to the outside and turn the corner. I remember Waverly's defense as being hard to get outside on too though, and their kids were always where they were supposed to be. Unless the Tigers graduated pretty much the whole team on D, I think that they are too much for the Mustangs. Waverly by a little if Huntingdon comes to play, or a lot if they aren't ready to fight right off the bus.

Waverly did graduate 9 starters on def!  This should be a battle! 

5 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Yea pretty much lost everyone except 1 or 2. We got a good team and they will have to play as a team to make it as far as we did last yr but one week at a time. If we keep improving each week I think we will be ok. 

5 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I don't think they will surprise anybody we all know they are a well rounded team and from what I have read and heard they are really fast. The question is can they out score Waverly. I think turnovers will be the key to winning this one. Waverlys D is nothing like last yr. I think this will be a high scoring game.

It could be a high scoring game but the difference could come down to which ever defense can come up with a stop or two. Good luck to both teams!

16 hours ago, rednecktiger31 said:

Waverly looks to be in the same shoes as Huntingdon on the lines. Smaller but quick and athletic. Still unsure how Wavo will handle the pass which is what the Stangs have been working on but should be a good battle next week. I definitely can't wait!

Yea redneck I'm curious to see how we handle the pass. We might find out this Friday!

I am expecting Mustangs to win this one in a mild upset.   I am glad to be having this game on the schedule as well, as we need some challenges and the district schedule is for most part lacking.  Hopefully the Mustangs jitters are over and they can hold onto the ball a little better.  They looked pretty solid against McKenzie just stay focused.

23 minutes ago, KermitDeeFrog said:

I am expecting Mustangs to win this one in a mild upset.   I am glad to be having this game on the schedule as well, as we need some challenges and the district schedule is for most part lacking.  Hopefully the Mustangs jitters are over and they can hold onto the ball a little better.  They looked pretty solid against McKenzie just stay focused.

Thats all I been hearing from a fella at work on how good McKenzie is this yr and by the score it seems you guys handled them pretty well. It's hard to say how good our D is cause it's so early in the season we do have a middle linebacker that returned for his senior year and he is a playmaker no doubt about it. On the other side of the ball we got numerous weapons and most of them have been playing since they were freshman. It's like laces said this will let us and everybody else know where both teams stand early in the season. Hoping for a clean game. 

What a fun group to watch this year. They are all over the field and playing with lots of energy and passion. They will definitely need to bring that same type of intensity Friday night to Waverly. Kudos to the coaching staff for taking advantage of all the athletes on the field and giving them a chance to be successful. 

Good early test for Huntingdon. Dont know anything about Waverly except the are typically big up front. How are the skill players? I expect a battle from start to finish. Huntingdon is going to have to get better up front on both sides of the ball. The size isnt there from what they are used to having. Speed and athleticism is making up for alot of mistakes on offense. If Hintingdon can get the run game going I like their chances. Mustangs by 6