Mairvul goes two Okelund

STARSNBARS

3 hours ago, Compton said:

Maryville probably didn't use any trick plays 2 weeks ago, but they have a playbook full of tricks. I would need to see the highlights of the Maryville, catholic game before i could break it down. You guys are well coach and it doesn't matter who yall plug in, that's why i don't think yall using how many starters were injured as an excuse. Maryville motto is next man up. You don't have to be a standout athlete to succeed in Maryville system, it's a college, pro style system the run at the ville. Something simple not really major, but the Maryville qb against Oakland drops back looks left for a second and as a defensive player your taught to follow the qb eyes, the defense committed to their right side that allow Maryville qb to turn around and hit an wide open man to his right side, not too many high school teams qb are being well coach like that.

There's many teams i could use for this example but i will just use science hill. If Quarles, hunt and the rest of the assistant coaches would have groom this years toppers team since the 3rd grade, then this toppers would be in Cookeville. This years Maryville team would be 5-5 at best without them. Maryville does have a lot of good athletes but it's 85% coaching at the ville.

First thing...if you teach your db's to follow the qb's, you've lost 1 part of the battle already, and you would never coach my kid. Second.... name a high school team that doesn't have at least one or two deception (trickery) plays that you're talking about in their arsenal.  

I like to give every human the benefit of the doubt when they speak, but smalls you're killing me!!!!

10 hours ago, Compton said:

Rw87 just go read the tn high vs knox central thread and if you can't tell then where I'm from, then i will never convince you otherwise.

Heck rw87 accordin' two scrapmeat all ewe haiv two do iz read tricities.com and ewe cain haiv tha "blueprint" two..........

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php?/profile/740413-scrapmeat/

Edited by STARSNBARS

10 hours ago, Compton said:

Of course we all know defensive players have assignments, the corners need to stay focus on wideouts, if your in a zone, u need to cover your area and so forth. If your standing 10yrds away of course you can't see the qb eyes, but u get what I'm saying. The look off i see all the time, just not in swva down to Morristown. You might see it from the knoxville area down to Memphis. Even in the Oakland highlights i never seen the Oakland  qb coach that way.

For the record, I've personally watched the Oakland QB coach and several others at different programs teach their QBs to 'look off' DBs. You must have missed the last play before the half, the Oakland QB 'looks off' the Maryville safety to the middle of the field and then hits the TE on a corner route. This set up the FG attempt right before halftime. It's a common coaching tool. Nothing groundbreaking. Yes, Maryville is well-coached.........but they have PLAYERS, too. A pretty big injustice to their kids to even hint at the fact that 'anybody' could have played as well as their QB played. Just my .02

12 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

For the record, I've personally watched the Oakland QB coach and several others at different programs teach their QBs to 'look off' DBs. You must have missed the last play before the half, the Oakland QB 'looks off' the Maryville safety to the middle of the field and then hits the TE on a corner route. This set up the FG attempt right before halftime. It's a common coaching tool. Nothing groundbreaking. Yes, Maryville is well-coached.........but they have PLAYERS, too. A pretty big injustice to their kids to even hint at the fact that 'anybody' could have played as well as their QB played. Just my .02

The young man played well and deserves the props. Hopkins brings a dimension that would have had to be defended by Oakland. If Hopkins had played I doubt 17 points wins that game. 

10 minutes ago, MLREB said:

The young man played well and deserves the props. Hopkins brings a dimension that would have had to be defended by Oakland. If Hopkins had played I doubt 17 points wins that game. 

I definitely didn't mean to suggest otherwise. My point was just that coaching is a HUGE advantage, but you still have to have players. Hopkins is definitely a difference maker. I was just saying that the whole 'anybody could do it' statement was a little far-fetched.

1 hour ago, Compton said:

Stars i told you, you was 1 of the main reason i started on coacht. I remember scrapmeat back in 2014 telling you that Maryville haven't been punch in the mouth yet, and you said something like if theystart punching then their will be cops there to lock themup.

Compy eye feal speshull.....Butt hit must haiv been one ov scapper's ovvur eyedenties ewe remimburred sayin thait....Scappy didn't say hit.....Eye looked......

Butt ennyhow  scappy haz tha "blueprint" and tricities.com two hep him  wif tha knews upp thair two.....

12 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

"Biggest thing I see that is hurting our program and others is the concerned parents that have chose for their kid not to play anymore football because of the the possibility of head injuries and I hate to say this but Maryville is in the perfect storm for that type parent. It has hurt the numbers some the past few years especially the junior high which feeds into the high school.  I passed by there this evening and looked over at the practice field and it's so noticeable and you know why."

There's lots of factors causing the dwindling participation at the youth level on the Maryville Youth Football Teams and I believe concussion fears have very little to do with it.

7 hours ago, Compton said:

See your proving my point, it's all 85% coaching instead of the players. Ask kids at db, David Crockett, Sullivan south, north, science hill and so on and they will tell you too follow the qb, even i was train my whole life that way.

This is such a weird argument.  Are you trying to say that Maryville is merely a product of the system and not the players?  That's your point?  If so, then you're partly right, but it isn't because of some scheme or trickery.  It is because the kids are taught good fundamental football skills from the time they are 5 or 6 all the way to high school.  The next kid steps up with the same core fundamentals as the one before it.  However, that doesn't mean that some players that leave weren't exponentially more talented than the guy remaining.  TD Blackman was one of the best pure football players that I've ever watched play football and he helped win several games on his own.  Yes, part of that was coaching because he had great fundamentals and Maryville coaches put him in a position to succeed.  However, a large part of it was also his physical attributes and even more so his mental attributes.  You are right that Maryville doeesn't solely rely on physically gifted football players, but instead relies more on fundamentally sound football players.  This takes a ton of hard work and dedication from these young men to become the power that they are, and it isn't because of some gimmick.  

10 minutes ago, MaryvilleRebels said:

This is such a weird argument.  Are you trying to say that Maryville is merely a product of the system and not the players?  That's your point?  If so, then you're partly right, but it isn't because of some scheme or trickery.  It is because the kids are taught good fundamental football skills from the time they are 5 or 6 all the way to high school.  The next kid steps up with the same core fundamentals as the one before it.  However, that doesn't mean that some players that leave weren't exponentially more talented than the guy remaining.  TD Blackman was one of the best pure football players that I've ever watched play football and he helped win several games on his own.  Yes, part of that was coaching because he had great fundamentals and Maryville coaches put him in a position to succeed.  However, a large part of it was also his physical attributes and even more so his mental attributes.  You are right that Maryville doeesn't solely rely on physically gifted football players, but instead relies more on fundamentally sound football players.  This takes a ton of hard work and dedication from these young men to become the power that they are, and it isn't because of some gimmick.  

MR, you might as well talk to a wall.