OR @ DB

SweetScience

41 minutes ago, catswild said:

He's 244-67...what a loser...what a bum...what a disaster! I don't care how much longer you've been posting than me and I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I commend your coach for having such a good defensive coach. If your coach had a record of 67-244, then I could understand the "bashing". The DB thread and its constant bashing of a coach with such a great record makes the "bashers" look foolish. I rest my case!

What part of "It's not bashing if it's true" don't you understand?  Here's a suggestion for you. If you don't like what you read on the DB threads.......Don't read the DB threads. Fool!

32 minutes ago, hssportsfanatic said:

Catswild, you have no clue what you are talking about. You need to focus on what you know and thats Oak Ridge football. Waco is right, things have not been the same since Watson was coaching. Also, Graham is past his prime, which was in the early 2000s. No one in Kingsport has faith in him, not even the players. He should have made a change of scenery a few years ago, but he continues to hold on. Even though his record looks good it does not tell the true story. DB needs new blood to energize the program. 

Let me give all of you foolish DB coach "bashers" the information you do NOT want to hear. The last four years have been void of the normal talent level at DB. The football team has a record of 25-21 for a winning % of 54.3. The basketball team (DB has long been a "basketball school") was 65-56 in the same period for a winning % of 53.7! This sounds like a pattern of a lack of your normal good "athletes". This year may be different and I hope for your sake that it is. Now if you can make the case that your football coach is the cause of the downward spiral of your basketball program, I will agree that he needs to go. Which DB "coach bashing genius" can make that case?

I know everything you just said. A couple years ago we won a total of ten games in both basketball and football. DB currently does not have the same type of athletes it has had. The demographics have changed. Kingsport isn't a growing as a city. However, I  was field level last week and seen Clark multiple times and it was obvious he is past his time. I heard the fans disgust at the lose of the lead. It's obvious a change needs to be made. The next coach might not win like the fans want them to, but there is a lot of frustration at DB and a change is the best thing that could happen for DB football.

Edited by hssportsfanatic

3 minutes ago, hssportsfanatic said:

I know everything you just said. A couple years ago we won a total of ten games in both basketball and football. DB currently does not have the same type of athletes it has had. The demographics have changed. Kingsport isn't a growing as a city. However, I  was field level last week and seen Clark multiple times and it was obvious he is past his time. I heard the fans disgust at the lose of the lead. It's obvious a change needs to be made. The next coach might not win like the fans want them to, but there is a lot of frustration at DB and a change is the best thing that could happen for DB football.

Your post is more than reasonable and maybe totally true. But as a wise man once said..."be careful what you wish for"! I get the frustration ....

3 hours ago, atrisk said:

Caleb Martin did have another catch after the TD. Let's try and be civil to one another.

Dude how are you going to argue with the guy himself? I talked to him and his parents? I was at the game front row! Jeremey Mitchell caught the hitch! Rest of passes KP caught! It could be a typo! I'm just saying the truth 

22 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Dude how are you going to argue with the guy himself? I talked to him and his parents? I was at the game front row! Jeremey Mitchell caught the hitch! Rest of passes KP caught! It could be a typo! I'm just saying the truth 

Pretty sure I heard on the post game radio show that Caleb had 2 catches for 64 yards. Who cares anyway? We won, and that's all that should matter to the kid. That's the problem with kids these days (and probably when I was in HS too years ago) it's all about ME. That's a big reason why in the 90's after 1991 we never brought home a state title, when we probably should've. Kids were too worried about padding their own stats instead of the team winning football games. With that said, I do think he should be utilized more, but as long as the team is winning he shouldn't be complaining about not getting enough touches, if that was the case. 

Edited by SweetScience

9 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Pretty sure I heard on the post game radio show that Caleb had 2 catches for 64 yards. Who cares anyway? We won, and that's all that should matter to the kid. That's the problem with kids these days (and probably when I was in HS too years ago) it's all about ME. That's a big reason why in the 90's after 1991 we never brought home a state title, when we probably should've. Kids were too worried about padding their own stats instead of the team winning football games. With that said, I do think he should be utilized more, but as long as the team is winning he shouldn't be complaining about not getting enough touches, if that was the case. 

I agree with you...what does it matter. And if any kid and his parents are complaining about the number of carries or catches after a win, OR football is in trouble. I hope that's not true