OR @ DB

SweetScience

17 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

lol!!.........says the guy hiding behind a screen name. What a complete idiot you are. So you don't care what is true and what isn't? That's your answer to my challenge? Here's the deal. Your not in charge of anything. This is a forum for fans to talk about high school football in the state Tennessee. As long as we keep it within the CoachT rules there ain't squat you can do about it. You might be the boyfriend of one of the DB coaches but you don't have the right to tell any of us what we can and can not talk about on this forum.

Post what you want (I'll give you permission)...I never said you couldn't. If you want to keep looking foolish, then keep it up! According to the Murphy Fair magazine your coach has a record of 244-67 for a winning % of .785! What a bum of a coach he must be!!!!!  Are you that successful at your job?????  LOL

1 hour ago, atrisk said:

No statue yet. Maybe a statue when we do the turf. Sorry, but who is Kenny Hawkins?

I graduated with Kenny Hawkins in 1982. Kenny was a super athlete and wonderful guy. In ninth grade at Jefferson, he was the starting QB and a special one at that. A knee injury ended his season. He rehabbed his knee and came back to play point guard on the basketball team but suffered another knee injury that ended his playing career. He was a great leader and we who played with him loved his leadership style I have no doubt he would have been a star at ORHS.

Kenny went to college and got involves in broadcast journalism. He has worked a very long time in the tri-cities area Northeast Tennessee. I hope this explains who Kenny "the Hawk" Hawkins is.

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

I'm not sure how WaCo JaCo became a problem for a certain OR fan but I have enjoyed his posts for a very LONG time. His off beat style is all his own and very refreshing to read.

All the best to WaCo and the other DB posters. Too bad you all will have to go down tomorrow night LOL I hate that I can't see this game, it probably will be a classic.

To the Oak Ridge poster I mentioned in the first sentence...I agree with what you are saying just don't get the problem with JaCo.

1 hour ago, catswild said:

Post what you want (I'll give you permission)...I never said you couldn't. If you want to keep looking foolish, then keep it up! According to the Murphy Fair magazine your coach has a record of 244-67 for a winning % of .785! What a bum of a coach he must be!!!!!  Are you that successful at your job?????  LOL

I was posting here long before you showed up. Nobody ever looks foolish by telling the truth. And you can't take my challenge and prove me wrong so you're the one looking like a fool. And since you don't know the details and can only look at stats, a lot of those wins came because of a great defensive coach that is no longer with us. If you're so smart check into the stats since Coach Watson left the team. Look at the stats for the past 4 years. I'm undefeated at my job.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I was posting here long before you showed up. Nobody ever looks foolish by telling the truth. And you can't take my challenge and prove me wrong so you're the one looking like a fool. And since you don't know the details and can only look at stats, a lot of those wins came because of a great defensive coach that is no longer with us. If you're so smart check into the stats since Coach Watson left the team. Look at the stats for the past 4 years. I'm undefeated at my job.

He's 244-67...what a loser...what a bum...what a disaster! I don't care how much longer you've been posting than me and I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I commend your coach for having such a good defensive coach. If your coach had a record of 67-244, then I could understand the "bashing". The DB thread and its constant bashing of a coach with such a great record makes the "bashers" look foolish. I rest my case!

Catswild, you have no clue what you are talking about. You need to focus on what you know and thats Oak Ridge football. Waco is right, things have not been the same since Watson was coaching. Also, Graham is past his prime, which was in the early 2000s. No one in Kingsport has faith in him, not even the players. He should have made a change of scenery a few years ago, but he continues to hold on. Even though his record looks good it does not tell the true story. DB needs new blood to energize the program. 

Edited by hssportsfanatic

I think the problem a lot of DB fans I know have is DB's lack of success in the history of the playoffs.They have never made it to the big game and in the last 12 years have lost in the first or 2nd round 11 times.It's hard to spend millions of dollars for that playoff record and see what a program like Maryville has done for years now and be happy.Coach GQ won 11 championships and had 8 perfect seasons at Maryville