OR @ DB

SweetScience

4 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

The four players I follow on Twitter have all expressed varying degrees of regret for their play in the game. However, they are sticking together and pushing each other forward to better outcomes the rest of the season. It is a special thing to see since kids these days get a bad rap for being self absorbed, narcissistic and lazy.

These four felt bad for letting Oak Ridge down but I have told all four not to worry that we have their back and there is a lot of football to be played. They are not giving up so we should not either. Based on the great posts on here after the game, I am proud of all the CoachT poster for being supportive of our Cats. We are making OR look good.

RWR, get ready for Campbell County it is a Region game.

Amen brother...

Well it went down to the wire, everything you could ask for to make a game exciting.

OR - 3 successive plays with the "ineligible man downfield" penalty?!?!?     What ?!?!     Is this pop warner or high school?   Please tell me it was 3 different guys

Special teams for both schools need a LOT of work.  DB had 2 ridiculous penalties on ST plus let OR run back a kickoff.  OR can't kick an extra point and that was the difference (3 points) in the game.

Overall though both teams will finish way near the top, a lot of positives to take away on both sides.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Well it went down to the wire, everything you could ask for to make a game exciting.

OR - 3 successive plays with the "ineligible man downfield" penalty?!?!?     What ?!?!     Is this pop warner or high school?   Please tell me it was 3 different guys

Special teams for both schools need a LOT of work.  DB had 2 ridiculous penalties on ST plus let OR run back a kickoff.  OR can't kick an extra point and that was the difference (3 points) in the game.

Overall though both teams will finish way near the top, a lot of positives to take away on both sides.

I'm with you...I sure hope it wasn't the same guy every time. My hope is that with the QB running for his life for a while on three plays in a row, that a lineman just wandered downfield after he assumed the ball had likely been thrown. I know of no other explanation other than that plus an inexperienced group. 

The Cats fought hard and have some good athletes.  DB, well, DB continues to be its own worst enemy.  The "special" teams gift wrapped 3 TD's for the Cats (and DB was in "safe" looking for the fake FG on the first roughing call??!), and we fumbled again going into our opponent's endzone, among other things.  Fortunately the Cats had quite a few penalties and a couple of TO's as well, or DB loses another one after owning the LOS all night.

9 hours ago, blazer1set said:

The OR kicker was great, the missed EP's were the result of the other 10 guys...    but I'm sure that will be WORKED ON in practice this week..

After watching the playback a while ago, I'm not sure that I agree with you. I didn't see any issue other than just missing the kicks. 

Forgot to mention earlier, the player of the game should be DB's #63 (left defensive end), he was the one with the funny helmet.
Its like OR just gave him a free pass into the back field all night long.
Its not something that shows up in stats (like tackles, int, ...) but he continually disrupted the flow of the offense.