Sequatchie at Cannon

Indian

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Yall never did say why this game was rescheduled for tonight.  Just curious.

Also, how did the middle school homecoming game go?   The SPA at Grundy game was postponed.

It was rescheduled to tonight several weeks ago (had nothing to do with the weather) for whatever reason Cannon Co. doesn't have school on Friday (Fall break already?) so they didn't want to have to play on a day without school.   Sequatchie plays in a couple of weeks on a Friday without school (Fall break).

Cannon only managed to have around 50-75 fans/students in the stands anyway.  

The vast majority of Sequatchie's starters never saw the field in the second half  thanks to Sequatchie (Sr.) receiver Cameron Weaver taking the opening 2nd half kickoff back 70-75 yards (I think) for the touchdown to put the Indians up 41-0.

Edited by Sequatchie

7 minutes ago, Sequatchie said:

It was rescheduled to tonight several weeks ago (had nothing to do with the weather) for whatever reason Cannon Co. doesn't have school on Friday (Fall break already?) so they didn't want to have to play on a day without school.   Sequatchie plays in a couple of weeks on a Friday without school (Fall break).

Cannon only managed to have around 50-75 fans/students in the stands anyway.  

The vast majority of Sequatchie's starters never saw the field in the second half  thanks to Sequatchie (Sr.) receiver Cameron Weaver taking the opening 2nd half kickoff back 70-75 yards (I think) for the touchdown to put the Indians up 41-0.

IDK why Cannon rescheduled but their fall break is Oct 16-20.  Cannon County is scheduled to play Whitwell on a Thursday of that week at Finley Oct19.

Cannon will be 0-10 this year if they lose to Grundy and the same bunch will be  next year and in charge  of  this joke of a program got to feel bad for the players and nothing will change.  Doesnt dove season open today maybe that is why they are out LOL. Talked to a parent this summer who said he ask the HC how  many  players were out for the team his reply was it  depended on what day it was and just l laughed like it was ajoke. Just glad I dont have anybody playing

Edited by madmolly

Cannon showed a great effort all night. I remember 2 years ago multiple players were down on the field with injuries and cramps. I recall just one player the entire night going down after an extra point kick. Other than that I was impressed with the drive and determination that Cannon displayed. They came out after half time ready to go again but just couldn't mount a drive worthy of a couple first downs. Sequatchie looked sharp and played a well coached game. I'm extremely happy that almost every single player got to hit the field last night. Caine was working on depth during the first half while the first string was on the field too. They'll need it against several teams in the regular season. Many battles are before us.

13 hours ago, Sequatchie said:

From about 5 minutes into the first quarter the game was pretty much played in a constant rain that alternated between light to a few times was a fairly heavy downpour. 

Rain, bad record, underdog, Cannon's players deserve more support than this. Right before kickoff at home.

21167942_2116856295006893_711139649262952039_o.jpg

I completely disagree with shutting down the Cannon football program. All they need is some community support and some staff changes. If you want to see an extremely weak program, watch Copper Basin. I watched them play Whitwell tonight and it was quite awful to watch. I believe I counted 17-18 players total. That's not enough to even scrimmage yourself !? The bad thing is....Whitwell NEVER at one time put in a complete 2nd string. 

11 minutes ago, PeasPype said:

I completely disagree with shutting down the Cannon football program. All they need is some community support and some staff changes. If you want to see an extremely weak program, watch Copper Basin. I watched them play Whitwell tonight and it was quite awful to watch. I believe I counted 17-18 players total. That's not enough to even scrimmage yourself !? The bad thing is....Whitwell NEVER at one time put in a complete 2nd string. 

Whitwell did sub 2nd string. Defensive TD was by a Soph who is about the 6th tackle in the rotation . Whitwell played plenty of backups.

• Like 1