Union City @ Peabody

TPeabodyGT

5 minutes ago, BigSwo said:

Hey!........89, cut that out. Don't be giving them any ideas.  They will do just fine on their own.  All this mess about defensive lineman as blockers.  Who ever heard of such?   Leave our guards along.  It won't work.  It's a bad idea.  It's a horrible idea.  Don't listen to 89. Okay.  Alright ......Fine.  maybe it's not such a bad idea.  Maybe it's been tried before and failed.  Either way. I'm sure Bowling has been watching the film from the last time Peabody tried something like that and he will be ready to counter your idea.  

Well crap.  Thanks 89 for giving me something else to be concerned about.  

Knowing what to do and actually being able to do it is two different things. To me UC's success has come from the o line at the snap of the ball, they get off quick and know who they blocking, don't leave but a fraction of a second to get read

2 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

Knowing what to do and actually being able to do it is two different things. To me UC's success has come from the o line at the snap of the ball, they get off quick and know who they blocking, don't leave but a fraction of a second to get read

Yeah, l guess you are right about that. Still.....don't be helping. I thought we were tight.

19 minutes ago, BigSwo said:

GT I know what the Tide can do.  Witnessed it a time or two.  I expect you guys to bring your best game.  I am hoping we can bring our best.  So far. .....I haven't seen our best game.  Maybe we put one together this week. We must.  

Hopefully UC will get it together, and we'll have ourselves a heck of a game.  That's where the memories are made.  Last Friday.....  the battle....  made our win all the more sweeter.  Good hard fought and won games gives us more experience and grit that is needed for those playoff games!  No doubt you agree with the same for UC. 

7 hours ago, TPeabodyGT said:

Regardless of what formation Union City runs, Peabody has surprised you before.  Union City has ran the veer for a while now, right?   Peabody has pulled out the W against you all before.

Before the Milan game, everyone said Peabody is going to have a hard time containing the running game or this running back or this player, etc. etc.  Peabody essentially shut their running game down.  Milan did capitalize on some of Peabody's mistakes, and that's what kept the game close. They took the opportunity and ran with it.  Peabody will have to work on that part of the game. We can't make big mistakes like that. Those mistakes is what kept the game close. Regardless... my point is that we were ready for Milan when all that talk was going on that we didn't stand a chance. Our boys will no doubt be ready for the Tornado that blows into Walter Kiltzer Stadium come Friday night.  Watch and see.  

We will have to disagree on some things. Your mistakes kept the game close. That is misleading because we had mistakes too and the same can be said in reverse. In fact we were down 14-7 at the half and battled the entire 3rd qtr to take a 21-14 lead going into the 4th. If not for the fumble for a td gift you got in the 4th this game would not have gone into OT. So you see the same can be said both ways. I think it was two very evenly matched teams and the best team came out on top that night. 

On 8/27/2017 at 0:25 AM, wildcat89 said:

I was thinking there was three and one maybe went and played at Bethel. Their dad is a Wayne County graduate, one of the top three basketball players I ever watched play here in WC 

yes the oldest brother is braxton he plays QB at bethel 

3 hours ago, telvols3 said:

yes the oldest brother is braxton he plays QB at bethel 

On that note, he has an uncle that was a pretty good athlete at Wayne County as well. He was a finalist for Mr Football. Also was a good basketball player. No doubt, Cooper has the genes.  They can come back to Waynesboro anytime. 

Meant to add, uncle played college ball at University of North Alabama. 

Edited by Rings

I'm not sure if I want it to rain or not.  It's usually to our advantage if it rains but. .....well we have to hold on to the ball better even when it's not raining let alone when it's sopping wet. Right now I'm watching a defensive practice and the guys are getting after it pretty good.  Plenty of excitement on the field.  The guys seem to be in good spirits.  We will have to be.  Go Tornadoes