MackMen Couwntee comes two 825

STARSNBARS

Well, after seeing/hearing what some of the locals are saying the last few days, not sure why this game is even gonna be played - the run is over. Rebels were lucky to beat Catholic and will be lucky to make the playoffs.

GIven the weather forecast and all, Rebels should probably just do the gentelmenly thing and just forfeit so they don't have to travel up from Athens.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:23 PM, alt1958 said:

Coach Cagle will have the Tribe ready to play but I really don't think they will have the horsepower to stay with the Rebs. 

But a word of warning to the Maryville faithful, don't take them lightly. McMinn County has a history of blowing up good teams.

You speak the truth alt1958. However the Rebs will be aggravated about last week and will not be in an overlooking frame of mind.

GO REBELS!

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:23 PM, alt1958 said:

Coach Cagle will have the Tribe ready to play but I really don't think they will have the horsepower to stay with the Rebs. 

But a word of warning to the Maryville faithful, don't take them lightly. McMinn County has a history of blowing up good teams.

You're correct about McMinn's history of knocking off some teams that were ranked #1 or #2 in the state, but you're even more correct that they don't have the experience or horses to do it this year.  And I imagine that Maryville will want to prove their worth after the loss last Friday, meaning this one could get ugly.

11 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Still butthurt over that spanking McMinn gave the undefeated and 2nd ranked Oak Ridge team last year?  :D

No sir, you all kicked our butts and deserved the win.  I tipped my cap to the better team then and now.   Anybody that watched us play knew we weren't the 2nd best team in 5A.   Yall spanked us.  Outplayed and outcoached us.  Well done. 

Doesn't change the fact that McMinn is well known for cheap shots and late hits.   I have seen it myself in multiple games.  Maybe they just do it to Oak Ridge, ha ha.   I am glad that your win over a highly overrated Oak Ridge team made your season though.  

Edited by oridgecat

17 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

No sir, you all kicked our butts and deserved the win.  I tipped my cap to the better team then and now.   Anybody that watched us play knew we weren't the 2nd best team in 5A.   Yall spanked us.  Outplayed and outcoached us.  Well done. 

Doesn't change the fact that McMinn is well known for cheap shots and late hits.   I have seen it myself in multiple games.  Maybe they just do it to Oak Ridge, ha ha.   I am glad that your win over a highly overrated Oak Ridge team made your season though.  

Aggressive teams plays to the whistle, so the conclusion of the play carries beyond the initial whistle sound - which may appear to be late.  It's a sign of good coaching in my opinion.

As far as cheap shots, every team has a player or two who has that nature.  McMinn doesn't coach the players to take cheap shots and I've seen the coaches bench players for doing it. 

OR was accused of your same claims when they spanked McMinn a few years ago, by some McMinn fans who are clueless about things.  Most fans in the stands of any team - sad to say - aren't that knowledgeable of what is a late hit or a legal/illegal shot.

BTW, looking forward to watching Tee light it up for Clemson in the future.