White House Heritage at Springfield Week 3

JacketLover

Region play starts off in the first ever football game between these two schools located only a few miles apart on Highway 76. Springfield is coming off an emotionally charged win over Clarksville that opened the new on campus stadium while Heritage took it on the chin against Fairview. 

Springfield found its running game last week and that bodes well for the future.  The Jackets need to cut down on the penalties though. I look for the Jackets to take the W here by at least 2 TDs in a game that may see a larger crowd than the home opener against Clarksville had. 

Weather could be an issue this Friday and could make this one closer than expected. I was impressed with WHH when I seen them in the jamboree and Fairview was a formidable opponent who they lost to last week. I just hope the Jackets don't take them too lightly or it could spell trouble.

The Highway 76 Showdown looms ever closer, Jackets! Our September 1 game versus White House Heritage High School is on News Channel 5's ballot for their High School Game of the Week! Vote for us at http://www.newschannel5.com/GameoftheWeek!

The winner will be announced on the 10 o'clock news Thursday night! The winning matchup will be covered by News Channel 5, and the game will be featured in their Friday Night Football show! 

Let's make this happen!

http://www.newschannel5.com/GameoftheWeek

1 hour ago, JacketLover said:

This game has been moved to Heritage. It will still be considered a Springfield home game. The new Springfield field would get torn up pretty good in the rain that is coming. Jacket fans, fill those home bleachers up!!!

It's not a home game, I don't care what they consider it.....lol