South Pittsburg vs Marion (Grider against that Mathis man)

Roy Dillard

This probably going to be a shootout decided by a few big plays and turnovers and when it's over both teams will probably make deep playoff runs.  The kids will probably get together at some point and have fun reliving it.  I think both teams will score in the 30s and whoever wins the turnover margin will win.  10 and 8 will both have great games and probably some other player will make a great play that changes the game.  

58 minutes ago, 10bears said:

Couldn't care less if it's true it's what we've come to expect out of the "studding manual".  Evidently the pages on how to stud a qb or a few lineman got lost. We can just play with who we had for years and be just fine.  Pretty evenly matched teams should be fun to watch.  Heck griders own "kinfolk/recruit" left him and I see he has done well at Cleveland.

Keep telling yourself that :roflolk:     .....Marion are the ones who are on probation for recruiting right 

1 hour ago, 10bears said:

Couldn't care less if it's true it's what we've come to expect out of the "studding manual".  Evidently the pages on how to stud a qb or a few lineman got lost.  We can just play with who we have had for years and be just fine.  Pretty evenly matched teams should be fun to watch.  Heck griders own "kinfolk/recruit" left him and I see he has done well at Cleveland.

LRDAO what kind of mess is this? Let me ask you a question.  Wasnt it last year that Mathis man got busted by that Childress man for having a "recruit" at his fieldhouse giving him the tour? And speaking of that durn studding manual.  You Jasperlites took home that most gayest city award.  Figure you fellars need to do some editing in that durn studding manual around the jailhouse.  You think im joking but im not. 

17 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

That is wins and losses up to this date young grasshopper. 

The games we have won and lost bass... compared to the games they have won and lost... im starting to think you like questioning me. Im not your grasshopper, because I'm not worried about being politically correct and upsetting someone  or scared of being wrong.. just facts bud.

Edited by CastIronHero

Before I see any more "recruiting" posts lest just stop those now... 

Theres a kid on the team right now that lives in GA for MC

MC is on Probation for recruiting.

A few years back when MC was going to state in baseball let's not pretend every player on the team wasn't from Bridgeport, Grundy, or SP. A lot of them also played football. 

Drop the recruiting crap. Kids see a successful program and want to be a part of something special. And why would they not especially with all the crap grundy posters talk about the coach there's gotta be issues.

Lastly, if your program has made national attention on SportsCenter for "Worst of the Worst" then sit down and shut your mouth. 

8 hours ago, 10bears said:

Couldn't care less if it's true it's what we've come to expect out of the "studding manual".  Evidently the pages on how to stud a qb or a few lineman got lost.  We can just play with who we have had for years and be just fine.  Pretty evenly matched teams should be fun to watch.  Heck griders own "kinfolk/recruit" left him and I see he has done well at Cleveland.

That's Coach Grider to you youngun. I remember I few years back when Marion County was getting an influx of mountain kids as well as some from across the line. It happens with all of us that are any good at a particular sport. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 10bears said:

This probably going to be a shootout decided by a few big plays and turnovers and when it's over both teams will probably make deep playoff runs.  The kids will probably get together at some point and have fun reliving it.  I think both teams will score in the 30s and whoever wins the turnover margin will win.  10 and 8 will both have great games and probably some other player will make a great play that changes the game.  

I think that's a very fair assessment. I picked the Pirates by 1, but I really feel like this game is a toss up. I don't think either team is as strong as they were last season. 

3 hours ago, CastIronHero said:

The games we have won and lost bass... compared to the games they have won and lost... im starting to think you like questioning me. Im not your grasshopper, because I'm not worried about being politically correct and upsetting someone  or scared of being wrong.. just facts bud.

I am not questioning you youngun, but you are a grasshopper. LMBO

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

That's Coach Grider to you youngun. I remember I few years back when Marion County was getting an influx of mountain kids as well as some from across the line. It happens with all of us that are any good at a particular sport. 

Surely it wasn't because they had coaches that were from the mountain? Muir was a pirate and you couldn't please him so he left..he lived in Bridgeport when he played at sp but I'm sure that doesn't matter either. 

17 minutes ago, BooBoo5 said:

Surely it wasn't because they had coaches that were from the mountain? Muir was a pirate and you couldn't please him so he left..he lived in Bridgeport when he played at sp but I'm sure that doesn't matter either. 

You are missing the point youngun. Players will flock to good programs. They have done it at SP and have at Marion over the years as well. The point here is SP has some kids from Grundy now just like Marion has in the past. It happens. I think you would have made a good football teammate to him during this time as well. He was a great player and you could have helped the team by playing as well.