Riverside @ Wayne Co

wildcat89

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, 1RT said:

Pretty sure it was 20-14 final. WC threw an INT to end the game.

You are correct. Tough loss after winning 25 straight regular season games but an early season loss ain't the worse thing that can happen to a team. Riverside showed up and played tough, as they always do, but WC had their chances but couldn't capitalize. Much needed bye week coming up that will hopefully get some injuries healed up

10 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

You are correct. Tough loss after winning 25 straight regular season games but an early season loss ain't the worse thing that can happen to a team. Riverside showed up and played tough, as they always do, but WC had their chances but couldn't capitalize. Much needed bye week coming up that will hopefully get some injuries healed up

I think some teams need a loss to mentally toughen up, and I think it's for the best that those streaks are over...

Can't really overreact because it's basically a tradition to play a terrible game between Weeks 2-4 . Our best teams usually pull out a win anyway, but we've had region championship teams that didn't. 

Even though we put up a lot of points the first few weeks, I dont think we've found our bread and butter on offense yet - mostly because of the wave of injuries.  Bye week, followed by an old rival that's playing well couldn't come at a better time.