Lausanne (2016 D2-2A Champ) at Whitehaven (2016 6A Champ)

kwc

1 hour ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Lausanne played a grand total of one (!!!!!) less game than the public schools who won state championships last season. This year if they are able to repeat, they will play two less games because Trezevant dropped their game about a week before the season started. And they did something that neither East nor Trezevant did - won each of the games on their schedule. I'm not taking anything at all away from those teams because they both had remarkable seasons ending in a championship. To imply that Lausanne isn't a true champion is absolute ignorance. And Lausanne only has about 350 students, not over a thousand as you think. I really hope Lausanne has a good showing Friday, if for no other reason than to silence people out there like you who for some reason believe their championship is not valid.

Well in that case, I did some number searching and East had about 375 students last year and 240 this year. They choose to stay up so they don't compete against schools like MLK and MAHS. That was a total shock to me, the the way they've been winning in Football and Basketball. 

2 hours ago, Wilddog said:

LOL, they might have beaten Trezavant, but you must have not saw Memphis East play last year! They were probably the best team in Memphis. That defense was just as good as Whitehaven's defense and there offense was better than Whitehaven's with that running game that featured the speedster Timothy Taylor. I would've loved to see East vs Whitehaven last year.

Lol, East would've gotten drug last year, way worst than Cordova did them. They had a great team and take nothing away from them but to seriously say they were probably the best team in Memphis...c'mon man

Edited by Havengrad04

5 hours ago, Havengrad04 said:

Lol, East would've gotten drug last year, way worst than Cordova did them. They had a great team and take nothing away from them but to seriously say they were probably the best team in Memphis...c'mon man

I dont think you guys would of drug us. We have been asking to play you guys everysince we got out of the district. Coach said no. Cordova only beat us last year 27-13. We scrimmage you guys last year it was 2-1 but i dont count scrimmages. You guys have a great program bro. But i think last year it would of been a good game.

59 minutes ago, Mustang49 said:

I dont think you guys would of drug us. We have been asking to play you guys everysince we got out of the district. Coach said no. Cordova only beat us last year 27-13. We scrimmage you guys last year it was 2-1 but i dont count scrimmages. You guys have a great program bro. But i think last year it would of been a good game.

I'm sorry man but Wilddog is talking out the side of his neck saying our defenses were even last year and East offense was better. Kylan Watkins would've been able to run on East just like everyone else in the state. Idk why we stopped playing y'all but I'm sure it's more than just our coach saying no and we'll get to face each other again in 2 more weeks. We both handled our business last year and I hope we both can do the same again this year. 

9 hours ago, Wilddog said:

LOL, they might have beaten Trezavant, but you must have not saw Memphis East play last year! They were probably the best team in Memphis. That defense was just as good as Whitehaven's defense and there offense was better than Whitehaven's with that running game that featured the speedster Timothy Taylor. I would've loved to see East vs Whitehaven last year.

delusional 

9 hours ago, Wilddog said:

Bruh you must be on some good cush and alcohol....we give east they props for doin they thing in they division but now you doin toooooo much!!!! They D and offense better than ours??? Yea, right!! I do think Aubrey Miller would seriously have said and done something to prove otherwise!! We were beating the brakes off east for years what sense did it make to keep playing. But since they done won something let's see what they made of now!!!! They will be lucky to even get on the board 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, coach10ac said:

Bruh you must be on some good cush and alcohol....we give east they props for doin they thing in they division but now you doin toooooo much!!!! They D and offense better than ours??? Yea, right!! I do think Aubrey Miller would seriously have said and done something to prove otherwise!! We were beating the brakes off east for years what sense did it make to keep playing. But since they done won something let's see what they made of now!!!! They will be lucky to even get on the board 

Yeah, you're right! East program has been dismantled due to the STEM program. I really don't ever see them being a competitive team again.

16 hours ago, Havengrad04 said:

I said probably because we don't know what would have happened. I know Whitehaven was the team to beat last year. I was only saying that to make a point about Lausanne. That's was my point. Lausanne wouldn't have beat East last year!

3 hours ago, Wilddog said:

I said probably because we don't know what would have happened. I know Whitehaven was the team to beat last year. I was only saying that to make a point about Lausanne. That's was my point. Lausanne wouldn't have beat East last year!

That's your opinion, I'd have to disagree. Unfortunately we will never know! Though we should have a better idea of how Lausanne stacks up after tomorrow night.