Gallatin (3-0) vs Mt. Juliet (3-0) in the Bear Den

thegreatone36

Friday night is going to be great high school football. 2 very hard working programs coupled with last seasons convincing loss to the Golden Bears, and both being undefeated has brought this rivalry back to it's peak. So much tradition in this series. MJ is excited to face a real opponent, Gallatin is riding high after Saturday's big victory. You can't win in November if you can't win games like this one in the regular season. 

Bears - 24

Green Wave - 13

Not sure who wins but the final will be 2-0 just like the early 80's.  My roommate at MTSU was an MJ graduate and talked me into going to that game.  Was stationed on the goal line on the MJ side on the Hartsville Pike end of the Waveyard.  Both the safety and the missed MJ field goal occurred on that end.  Largest crowd in a high school stadium I have seen to this date.  The game Friday night will be an extremely physical test for both teams.  Should be a great one.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Man I can't count how many times I've been reminded of the 2-0 slug fest that night. I'm sure it was a sight to see

Preach!!  That game gets brought up every time these teams meet.  Truth is there have been several very memorable games between these two teams.  

Both of these teams being undefeated along with having good defenses makes this intriguing.  Gallatin wants to prove they can score on the unscored on and beat another quality team, especially after last years game, while Mt Juliet wants to beat a good opponent and play with a chip on their shoulder from not being recognized for their play so far.  

13 hours ago, mondo44 said:

Not sure who wins but the final will be 2-0 just like the early 80's.  My roommate at MTSU was an MJ graduate and talked me into going to that game.  Was stationed on the goal line on the MJ side on the Hartsville Pike end of the Waveyard.  Both the safety and the missed MJ field goal occurred on that end.  Largest crowd in a high school stadium I have seen to this date.  The game Friday night will be an extremely physical test for both teams.  Should be a great one.

I also was there and was lucky to have a seat at the 50 yard line top row on the visitors side..I still believe that was the state championship game that year ! 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Preach!!  That game gets brought up every time these teams meet.  Truth is there have been several very memorable games between these two teams.  

Both of these teams being undefeated along with having good defenses makes this intriguing.  Gallatin wants to prove they can score on the unscored on and beat another quality team, especially after last years game, while Mt Juliet wants to beat a good opponent and play with a chip on their shoulder from not being recognized for their play so far.  

This here describes Friday night perfectly. Tradition, respect, and both have something to prove to each other and the rest of the state. I can't wait!