South Pittsburg vs Lipscomb (Grider against this Tillman man)

Roy Dillard

From D'Stew

Lipscomb Academy Mustangs
City- Nashville
County- Davidson
Enrollment- 518
Last Year’s Record- 7-3, lost to Springfield in 4A first round
Region- Middle
Head Coach- Scott Tillman (32-14 in four years at Lipscomb)
Offensive Coordinator- Andrew Stewart
Defensive Coordinator- Scott Tillman
Offense- Wing T
Defense- 3-3-5
Returning Starters on Offense and Defense- 10 (5 Off/5 Def)
Last Playoff Appearance-2016
Key Returnees- Sutton Richardson (OL, Sr.), Jake Stafford (LB, Sr.), Caleb Silva (LB, Sr.), Grant Rathburn (QB, Sr.), Logan Sakarapanee (QB, Sr.), Matthew Jones (RB/DB, Sr.), William Story (DB/RB, Sr.), Hays Waldrop (WR, Sr.), Kennedy Winrow (LB/OG, Sr.), Edmond Phillips (RB/S, Jr.)
Key Losses- Scott Cole (OL), William Phillips (RB), JT Paul (RB), Rutger Reitmaier (DE), Corry Gamble (LB), Griffin Smiley (LB)
Streak Going Into 2017- one game losing streak

This past week Lipscomb Academy played Columbia Academy.   The game is on the NFHS network if anyone cares to watch or get a glimpse.  The games on the network are free after 72 hours from game time or available live if you have a paid membership.  All you need is an email address and password to become a member. I'll prolly give it a look see tomorrow when it becomes available for free.    

Edited by Southtowner
oops

15 minutes ago, Jnutz2 said:

Lipscomb in the past is usually a tough team. After Friday night what I seen in jasper I don't see them slipping up in this one. South Pitt wins as bad as they want to.

After what I saw in Jasper I believe Lipscomb will be a better challenge to this young team. They have lost to 4 private schools. 2 of these schools play in the big boy D2 league. This game will not be like you're saying. You never know how 15-16 year old kids will react. 

I'll discuss this game and many South Pittsburg's season so far with Coach Vic Grider on the Friday Main Event this Friday at 5:15PM (central time).   Middle Tennesse can here the show at 93.9 FM (The Duck).  If you're in out of range of our station, you can go to my website at FridayMainEvent.COM and download our free mobile app to your Android or IPHONE and listen every week!  There is also a link to stream the show as well there.

50 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

After what I saw in Jasper I believe Lipscomb will be a better challenge to this young team. They have lost to 4 private schools. 2 of these schools play in the big boy D2 league. This game will not be like you're saying. You never know how 15-16 year old kids will react. 

Coach Grider will have them ready to play. The way the offense and defensive line played I don't know how anyone can stop them. I was very impressed with the line, a steady dose of #9,#10, and #22 running the ball i don't think can consistently stop that. I don't know anything about this lipscomb team, but South Pitt has the coaching and the weapons to give anyone problems. Whoever beats the pirates will have to play lights out and hope the pirates make mistakes along the way.