Covington Vs. Milan

fanoffootball2013

Here are the two indicators I always look at:

Sonny_Moore power rankings show Milan at 122, Covington at 114. The difference is 8 points. Add 3 points for home field advantage, and Milan is an 11 point favorite. Now the power rankings will change slightly when updated next Wednesday for game 4, but probably not much.

The USAtoday Score Predictor says Milan wins 35-21.

As a Covington fan, I have some hope that we are being underestimated because of our game 1 loss to Munford. Only us Charger fans know that game 1 was an aberration, as Coach Marty Wheeler had installed the veer offense over the summer. It was ineffective against Munford, so for game 2 we came out in the wing-T. Our kids have been running that offense since 6th grade, and it is now clicking on all 8 cylinders. We also have a quarterback who can throw the ball, to keep opponents from putting everybody up to stop the run.

Having played at Milan a few times, I would say that the home field advantage for Milan is a lot more than 3 points. I remember a game only a few years ago, when film clearly showed the Chargers scoring the winning TD at the end of the game, but the officials on the field ruled that he was stopped short of the goal. It's hard to beat that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Having played at Milan a few times, I would say that the home field advantage for Milan is a lot more than 3 points. I remember a game only a few years ago, when film clearly showed the Chargers scoring the winning TD at the end of the game, but the officials on the field ruled that he was stopped short of the goal. It's hard to beat that.

No doubt that will be motivation for the Chargers. That, along with them being more battle tested and way more talented, leads me to believe they will dominate this game. May be a long night for the dawgs.