Pearl Cohn vs Cookeville

FBfan26

1 minute ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

But they lose every year! lol there's no cookies awarded to being a close loser. 

There is no cookie awarded for winning a non-region game either.

The reward comes playoff time when you have already been tested repeatedly during the season and your kids aren't stunned by seeing talent/schemes that they missed during the season.

If 3A Alcoa can at least stay within a touchdown (beat them two years in a row awhile back) then they know that they are gonna be a handful for anybody they see in 3A. And for Maryville its a tough game against an opponent that likely would still be a top 10 opponent in 6A.

Unless you are a struggling football program scheduling a bunch of cupcakes does absolutely nothing for your football team.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

But they lose every year! lol there's no cookies awarded to being a close loser. 

Would a smaller school losing a close game to a larger school not be the definition of competing or would they have to win the game in order for you to say that they can compete with a larger school? You flip flop on so many topics. Make up your mind. You can't be a pimp and a prostitute at the same time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Would a smaller school losing a close game to a larger school not be the definition of competing or would they have to win the game in order for you to say that they can compete with a larger school? You flip flop on so many topics. Make up your mind. You can't be a pimp and a prostitute at the same time.

Funniest post ever!!!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

There is no cookie awarded for winning a non-region game either.

The reward comes playoff time when you have already been tested repeatedly during the season and your kids aren't stunned by seeing talent/schemes that they missed during the season.

If 3A Alcoa can at least stay within a touchdown (beat them two years in a row awhile back) then they know that they are gonna be a handful for anybody they see in 3A. And for Maryville its a tough game against an opponent that likely would still be a top 10 opponent in 6A.

Unless you are a struggling football program scheduling a bunch of cupcakes does absolutely nothing for your football team.

You can't make point with a fan who team schedule Glencliff. That's why I keep telling him come playoff time Mt Juliet will probably lose in 2nd round. Cupcake schedule will hurt you playoff time but your regular season record will be great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Great point, but due to the fact it had nothing to do with the comment you're quoting those are just pointless tidbits to me. The point was really good 6a teams don't need to worry about scheduling low division teams, it's a lose/lose situation. Yes I realize Pearl Cohn would thrash some 6a teams but would they compete with Oakland, Blackman, Maryville? Most likely NOT.

The question is can y'all with in 21 points of them 3?? lol

Edited by FBfan26

20 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Dang, whipped out the Jack White lyrics!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Well if we're talking about competing, then how did an average Tullahoma take you to the final minutes of the 4th? Is that a quality win?

I believe I explained it pretty well in the marshall county / Maplewood thread.  Previous 2 meetings we beat them 96-7. Simply overlooked them is my guess. Yeah its a quality win for the simple fact that it was a region game. Not hard to comprehend if you understand how region wins work in your favor come playoff time.

4 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

I believe I explained it pretty well in the marshall county / Maplewood thread.  Previous 2 meetings we beat them 96-7. Simply overlooked them is my guess. Yeah its a quality win for the simple fact that it was a region game. Not hard to comprehend if you understand how region wins work in your favor come playoff time.

Flip flopping subjects? When did I bring up region games and whether they are important or not. Although I really appreciate your High school football lessons, Tullahoma is a mediocre team. Mount Juliet is a really good team, so I'll flip flop the subject to MJ would easily beat Marshall County end of story.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS