FCS at DCA

GoldTrident

10 hours ago, CFAfan said:

FCS wins this one by 2 scores.

Mmm ok. DCA's offense is very very good. If the defense can get a few stops against the FCS's potent ground game, and the offense limits mistakes, this will be a very good game. Not gonna predict a score but seeing how easily DCAs offense moved the ball, and scored a ton, against a quality FRA defense I like DCA in this one. In fact, had unusual turnovers not stopped drives DCA could have, and should have,  scored 50 on FRA.

Last year was a DCA 30-16 win that was not as close as the score indicates and this years game will have DCAs most heralded D1 recruit playing (he didn't last year) and an offense that has several very good weapons. 

FCS is a great program, with even better parents and kids, so they could easily win. I just can't see DCA making the litany of unforced errors they made aginst FRA again this week. Best of luck to FCS and safe travels.

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

Mmm ok. DCA's offense is very very good. If the defense can get a few stops against the FCS's potent ground game, and the offense limits mistakes, this will be a very good game. Not gonna predict a score but seeing how easily DCAs offense moved the ball, and scored a ton, against a quality FRA defense I like DCA in this one. In fact, had unusual turnovers not stopped drives DCA could have, and should have,  scored 50 on FRA.

Last year was a DCA 30-16 win that was not as close as the score indicates and this years game will have DCAs most heralded D1 recruit playing (he didn't last year) and an offense that has several very good weapons. 

FCS is a great program, with even better parents and kids, so they could easily win. I just can't see DCA making the litany of unforced errors they made aginst FRA again this week. Best of luck to FCS and safe travels.

Let me revise this a little. I like DCA if the FCS RB doesn't play. I like FCS as previously predicted if he does play. I just think FCS is too physical and will eat up DCA with that ground game.

1 hour ago, CFAfan said:

Let me revise this a little. I like DCA if the FCS RB doesn't play. I like FCS as previously predicted if he does play. I just think FCS is too physical and will eat up DCA with that ground game.

I agree. A good ground game will keep the DCA offense off the field.

Regardless I will be there sharing stories and food with my friends from FCS. The Cherrys, Wrights, Dickeys, etc... are quality people.

Most importantly Id like to add that a DCA football player has had to deal with a tragic family medical emergency this week and the FCS parents that have reached out to support that family has been amazing. As much as I "like to hate" FCS in a good natured, competitive football/athletics way I am deeply honored to call those folks my friends. I hope FCS wins every game, except of course when they are playing DCA. 

Kudos to FCS for the class and compassion they've shown.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I believe this will be a close game.  Both teams will come prepared with a solid plan of attack.  Turnovers were an issue for DCA last week.  FC's defense has done a good job of creating turnovers thus far and I expect that to continue this Friday.  Both squad's have a solid senior class and understand the impact this game has as the season progresses.  I believe that the O line for FC will play even harder with #3 being out this week. Senior RB #22 is back in action.

This rivalry always produces a great contest.  I hope both teams have a hard fought, injury free game.  I believe FC edges this one out, even without #3.