Marion at Coalfield (Mathis man vs that Henry man)

Southtowner

57 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

The Coalfield team I saw live vs Harriman is very, very good. No team is going to be hammering Coalfield this year. I agree with you that Marion scores more on them than anyone else has, but I don't see any way Marion can stop them either. 

Not trying to sound cocky, not saying we will, but we also thought nobody would hammer them purple people either. Coalfield is a different beast though and I realize that.

My opinion on this game continues to change. I Think that Marion can run with them. I think that the DBs for Marion can play with the Wideouts for CF. The difference is the QB. They got torched by the kid from tyner and I have seen this QB for CF throw it 40-60 yards like a laser. I think Marion does a bad job at making adjustments...and lack of Defense will prob get the best of the warriors, but I don't think that  it will be a blow out. Marion hangs around and it may get interesting. They have got to be hungry for a win at this point..

2 hours ago, powerp said:

Talent is the key word. If you are going to the game make sure to look for the small cardboard sign I ran past last time we played up there that said turn here for Coalfield Highschool. Then hear those dueling banjos...

I remember that as well. If the Marion crowds were like they were the past 3 years they would be standing on top of the school. Better get there very early. LMBO

11 minutes ago, CastIronHero said:

Not trying to sound cocky, not saying we will, but we also thought nobody would hammer them purple people either. Coalfield is a different beast though and I realize that.

My opinion on this game continues to change. I Think that Marion can run with them. I think that the DBs for Marion can play with the Wideouts for CF. The difference is the QB. They got torched by the kid from tyner and I have seen this QB for CF throw it 40-60 yards like a laser. I think Marion does a bad job at making adjustments...and lack of Defense will prob get the best of the warriors, but I don't think that  it will be a blow out. Marion hangs around and it may get interesting. They have got to be hungry for a win at this point..

You make good assessments. Marion will move the football. It's just them trying to stop anyone with a pulse at this point. I believe Coalfield will put up 42. It just all depends if Marion can score with them. 

1 minute ago, CastIronHero said:

Not questioning you, because I'm not up to date on the way the playoffs work (liked the old way better) but if we win out, and are the #1 seed how is that possible? 

There is no quadrants anymore. Coalfield or Greenback will host the semifinals. It doesn't matter if one of them was 5-5. 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

I definitely agree with you. What's really bad if you're one of those teams that win your region and have to travel the 3rd and 4th rounds. 

It all comes out in the wash.   The way it's set up you can host the quarterfinals one year and the semifinals the next (Region 2 and 3).

Or you can host nothing 1 year and both quarterfinals and semifinals the next year. (Region 1 and 4).  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

It all comes out in the wash.   The way it's set up you can host the quarterfinals one year and the semifinals the next (Region 2 and 3).

Or you can host nothing 1 year and both quarterfinals and semifinals the next year. (Region 1 and 4).  

I remember 2007 when we got to host all of them at home. That was pretty nice. 

59 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

So yall gonna be at full strength? 

No, have one that is scheduled for surgery soon.  Our decoy will be available though.  Every game that we have lost the opposing qb has torched us and this will be the same.  I have talked to several people and The defenses problem is personel more than playcalling.  Lineplay as well as undersized linebackers.  That being said maybe it should have been tweaked a bit in the offseason, but i know the staff was pleased with how the line was performimg in the preseason.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

No, have one that is scheduled for surgery soon.  Our decoy will be available though.  Every game that we have lost the opposing qb has torched us and this will be the same.  I have talked to several people and The defenses problem is personel more than playcalling.  Lineplay as well as undersized linebackers.  That being said maybe it should have been tweaked a bit in the offseason, but i know the staff was pleased with how the line was performimg in the preseason.

I hate to hear that you have a kid scheduled for surgery. When did he get injured?