Marion at Coalfield (Mathis man vs that Henry man)

Southtowner

36 minutes ago, FootballFan75 said:

I thought it was gonna get real bad there in the last few minutes of the 2nd quarter!!! There were some very questionable calls and no calls by the refs... Wouldn't of changed the outcome of the game by no means tho

Old Pirate says, the Pirates better sharpened their skills and composure before Whitwell, if they expect to bring home the bacon. Play like Friday, they are beat

Edited by OLD PIRATE

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says, the Pirates better sharpened their skills and composure before Whitwell, if they expect to bring home the bacon. Play like Friday, they are beat

Didn't see the SP vs Lipscomb game I was talking about Coalfield game and what happened in the 2nd quarter... No doubt there will be a lot of emotions during the Whitwell game better keep them in check and play ball for 4qts!!!

2 hours ago, powerp said:

One thing I heard...and not trying to start anything at all but Coalfield played dirty and one of the Warriors stars had enough of it when he was ejected. Same thing happened last time we went up there I remember.

Regardless of emotion, at no point during any sport is it appropriate for a player to kick another player in the face (through the facemask) while the player is down.  That is why the player was ejected, and I didn't hear about it, I saw it.  Marion County has a wealth of athletes, plenty of talent to go around-no need for undisciplined play.  Wish all teams the best of luck throughout the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, powerp said:

One thing I heard...and not trying to start anything at all but Coalfield played dirty and one of the Warriors stars had enough of it when he was ejected. Same thing happened last time we went up there I remember.

And the week before our ejections Lookout Valley had 2 ejected there. Including their QB. Then in the spring their baseball team had an all out brawl that brought in the TSSAA 

23 minutes ago, cybercoach said:

Regardless of emotion, at no point during any sport is it appropriate for a player to kick another player in the face (through the facemask) while the player is down.  That is why the player was ejected, and I didn't hear about it, I saw it.  Marion County has a wealth of athletes, plenty of talent to go around-no need for undisciplined play.  Wish all teams the best of luck throughout the rest of the season.

Jasper became undisciplined for the Coalbucket game?  Most likely fallout from the whipping from a couple of weeks ago.

2 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Come on OP, them boys was heaving their guts Friday night. One had a high fever but was trying to hide it from the Coaches  Under the circumstances they did well. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, powerp said:

I didn't see the coalfield Marion game but I do know that every time sp plays coalfield they play dirty so I wouldn't doubt it 

3 hours ago, FootballFan75 said:

I understand being a Realist and I consider myself one also but come on Bassy your supposed to be a SP fan and your saying you hope SP can beat Whitwell twice... SP cant lose to Whitwell if your a SP fan...It just doesn't happen!!! 

LMBO, I have said all season. Yes, I think we win those games, but it won't be easy. I give respect where it's due. It's not an accident they are 6-0. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pegleg said:

Come on OP, them boys was heaving their guts Friday night. One had a high fever but was trying to hide it from the Coaches  Under the circumstances they did well. 

Old Pirate says the Pirates are ripe for a loss. The heaving, is not the cause for all the fumbles and sloppy play. Pirates play like Friday, they will lose. BTW, Old Pirate ain't done no preaching neither. Now, them proverbs verses were a rite direct about living with skillet slingers. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE