Livingston Academy at Smith County

steelcityroller

Both these teams come into this matchup having good seasons.

Smith County is sitting at 4-0 with wins over Macon, Gordonsville, Upperman and York.

Livingston Academy is 4-1 with wins over White Co., Cumberland Co., Upperman and Stone Memorial. With a loss to 6A Cookeville.

This is a yearly matchup that Smith County has dominated over the years. Going back to 2001 these teams have played 15 times and Smith County has the edge 13-2.

This could end up being another one that comes down to the wire for Smith County. But I think they might be just a little bit better.

8 minutes ago, thatdevilforrest said:

Can someone please tell me how Smith County is ranked #4 in the state?  They were lucky to beat a 2-2 York team who is average at best.

They're undefeated and they have a solid reputation.

Besides, most that vote don't research each game on a team's schedule.

But, don't worry the cream always rises, and the other stuff eventually sinks.

4 hours ago, thatdevilforrest said:

Can someone please tell me how Smith County is ranked #4 in the state?  They were lucky to beat a 2-2 York team who is average at best.

Evidently some people think more of the wins at Macon Co., at Gordonsville, at Upperman and at York than you do. Rankings mean nothing and if York is at best average, that would mean normally York is below average, Too bad or SC might be ranked higher lol.

LA/SC is usually a good game to watch. The Owls have come out on top against Hog-Eye nation for a long time now even winning when they probably didn't field the best team. I believe the trend will continue. SC at home in The Hole for the 1st time this season will be too much for LA again. 

Edited by Reynard

Good game to watch. LA seemed to be better prepared than SC. They controlled the line of scrimmage for the most part.  IMO poor play calling by SC. 1st drive SC is running down their throat, then decided to throw it. Costly turn over. Too many silly penalties and mistakes.   To me play calling was questionable with 2 timeouts on 1st and 9 with 1:30 left.

Anyway, good win for LA...........good luck rest of the way.