Greeneville visits Sullivan Central

BatmanDevil

24 minutes ago, ETN423 said:

Where did the Goddard kid come from? And the other big target 21? 

Cade and Crawford  have obviously  dedicated  the extra time necessary  

Very impressed, very proud

Go Big Greene! :thumb:

Goddard and Cameron Hite #21 both grew up in Greeneville.  Both played on the Middle school team that won the conference as 8th graders.

18 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I have no ideal if the kid is still playing or one in the same.Several years ago at a DB clinic there was a young man that was about 6'5 300 as a 7th grader . His grand dad said to me he would be making money one of these days . I knew what he meant but being a smart az I had to ask.Doing what ? A lot of parents blow smoke thinking little Johnny based on size alone will be a professional football player.The odds are literally one in a million and it's hard for most parents to comprehend this.Shoot for an education and if your that one in a million,hot dang.

Parents just think their kids are good.  Jason Witten didn't just wake up one day and say hey I'm good at football.  It took tons of time, tons of practice, tons of working on skills.  If I was 6'5 300, I'd be spending every hour passing my classes then hitting the gym and practice.  Being a junior, it's almost too late for a huge change, but he still has a chance to work his tail off and show up next fall being a machine that could send him anywhere, but he would need to start that work immediately.

58 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

Parents just think their kids are good.  Jason Witten didn't just wake up one day and say hey I'm good at football.  It took tons of time, tons of practice, tons of working on skills.  If I was 6'5 300, I'd be spending every hour passing my classes then hitting the gym and practice.  Being a junior, it's almost too late for a huge change, but he still has a chance to work his tail off and show up next fall being a machine that could send him anywhere, but he would need to start that work immediately.

Jason is that one in a million.Now as for  those kids playing now..IF you like playing football,work hard and do everything you can to be your best,whatever happens as to the next level will either happen or not.To those kids that play because of other people and they don't really like it.I was there myself,even had a chance to play at the next level if I wanted it.HOWEVR,I had got to the point it would make me sick to smell grass being cut just thinking of a football field.It shocked my family and my coaches when I decided it wasn't for me.One of the hardest things I done in school except leaning how to ask pretty girls out on a date.My youngest son  loved football and had all the tools you could ask to be a great player.Some sorry az coaches took the love away from him and I saw it happen over a period of time.It was easy for me to support him even though it still was hard watching .I ask if he wanted to go to South,North ,Central , or move too JC and play for Science Hill,or move to Greeneville ,maybe not in that order ! It was to late,the love was gone.School was always number 1 and it should be for all kids.I played ball with a player that Alabama and everyone else wanted,he got hurt and just that easy,life can change,so get those grades boys and play football as long as you like it but school is the most important thing for 999,999 out of a million..

• Upvote 1

Game day ! safe trip up to my Devils and all the fans making the trip.Be VERY CAREFUL on the I- 81 because they have a lane change for a few miles just past the fort Henry drive exit and for about 3 miles you drive along a temp wall on the right and the left lane is half az and can cause cars to move over off the edge.coming back is fine unless something has changed in the last couple of weeks.

Edited by BatmanDevil

On 9/26/2017 at 9:21 AM, BatmanDevil said:

Jason is that one in a million.Now as for  those kids playing now..IF you like playing football,work hard and do everything you can to be your best,whatever happens as to the next level will either happen or not.To those kids that play because of other people and they don't really like it.I was there myself,even had a chance to play at the next level if I wanted it.HOWEVR,I had got to the point it would make me sick to smell grass being cut just thinking of a football field.It shocked my family and my coaches when I decided it wasn't for me.One of the hardest things I done in school except leaning how to ask pretty girls out on a date.My youngest son  loved football and had all the tools you could ask to be a great player.Some sorry az coaches took the love away from him and I saw it happen over a period of time.It was easy for me to support him even though it still was hard watching .I ask if he wanted to go to South,North ,Central , or move too JC and play for Science Hill,or move to Greeneville ,maybe not in that order ! It was to late,the love was gone.School was always number 1 and it should be for all kids.I played ball with a player that Alabama and everyone else wanted,he got hurt and just that easy,life can change,so get those grades boys and play football as long as you like it but school is the most important thing for 999,999 out of a million..

good stuff brother!

I don't have a problem if Greeneville scores a lot with the backups after the game is in hand.Let everyone play to win because they might be starting when it really counts or come off the bench with the season on the line.It would be terrible for the Devils to lose an important player to injury if the game goes how most figure it will.That said,I never want to see any kid hurt,not even the waterboy.That reminds me of before I went to high school and was in the 8th grade.I wanted to be a Devil so bad ,I don't mean a bench warmer either I wanted to play on friday nights.I remember as an 8th grader,I had a roster to see how many guys I'd have to beat out  when I became a 10th grader.I even watched the managers taking water out to the players to see how athletic they were.I guess you can tell I didn't want to just be on the team,I wanted to frigging play.There are always a kid or two that just wants a jersey but for the men wearing green,they want to play and I'm all for that.They are all part of the reason we have one of the best teams in 4A 

2 hours ago, ETN423 said:

For real though ,  I will be surprised  if we hang less than 70 on em

Here kitty kitty

Unfortunately for Central, Greeneville wouldn't have a problem getting to 70 or more.  South's starting QB and many other starters only played 2 possessions against the Cougars and we still scored 50.