Bruceton @ Wayne County

wildcat89

I still think WC has the talent, size and speed on the field to be a lot better than they've shown the past two weeks. WC has been bitten hard by the injury bug but that is no excuse for all the mistakes being made on the field. Missed blocking assignments, poor tackling, bad snaps, bad special team decisions, bad passes, dropped passes, you name it it's happened. I'm going to agree somewhat with imawcfan, just not playing well anywhere on the field but at the same time I think if WC starts cleaning up the little mistakes then everything else will fall into place. A 15 yard personal foul wouldn't be bad every now and then, just show a little emotion! I know mine is tired of listening at it from me, it's time these upper classmen step up get this team back to where they should be, WC is the team that always hits the other in the mouth but lately been taking it on the chin!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WC will be just fine. WC always seem to play their best when everyone doubts them the most. Don't know why some (mostly us Huntingdon folk) are talking down on them when they have hit us in the mouth the past 2 years and made us like it. I, as a Huntingdon supporter, want WC at their best. Hope your kids get healed up and get on a roll in the ladder part of the season.. just not next week :lol:

Edited by fullbackdive

6 hours ago, fullbackdive said:

WC will be just fine. WC always seem to play their best when everyone doubts them the most. Don't know why some (mostly us Huntingdon folk) are talking down on them when they have hit us in the mouth the past 2 years and made us like it. I, as a Huntingdon supporter, want WC at their best. Hope your kids get healed up and get on a roll in the ladder part of the season.. just not next week :lol:

Exactly right.

5 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Exactly right.

Not making early excuses but your not going to play the same team that we thought we'd be bringing to Huntingdon this year. Got to many that's out for the year and several more that don't know when they'll be back not counting the ones playing injured. But on the other hand, that's the good thing about having 62 kids on the team, there's plenty to fill the holes, just gotta get them up to speed. 

1 hour ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Who are the big players out? We know this song all too well. We came to you guys a couple years ago and Pearson went out with a broken ankle then Johnson broke his collarbone the next week in a game that was decided. 

QB, preseason all state lineman that plays both sides, 2 running backs that play both sides, another back that's about 60 percent, wide receiver that's the deep guy on punts and kickoffs that plays corner on defense, another lineman that was starting until blowing knee in preseason scrimmage, what started out as third string QB then went to 2nd string when our starter went out and linebacker on defense and the list goes on. At least 4 of them are out for the year

Who are the big players out? We know this song all too well. We came to you guys a couple years ago and Pearson went out with a broken ankle then Johnson broke his collarbone the next week in a game that was decided. 

The game Pearson went out in had the makings for a classic up to that point! Didn't y'all lose two players that night? I know Pearsons injury was the worse but was thinking y'all had another get banged up

I was thinking that DJ was already out from the week before the WC game? I know Dodson, Tyrese, and seems like one more kid was taking direct snaps that night after Pearson got hurt

1 hour ago, wildcat89 said:

QB, preseason all state lineman that plays both sides, 2 running backs that play both sides, another back that's about 60 percent, wide receiver that's the deep guy on punts and kickoffs that plays corner on defense, another lineman that was starting until blowing knee in preseason scrimmage, what started out as third string QB then went to 2nd string when our starter went out and linebacker on defense and the list goes on. At least 4 of them are out for the year

Brutal. Wish we were getting you guys at 100%. Can't overcome those kind of injuries and that many

1 hour ago, Mustang1969 said:

I was thinking that DJ was already out from the week before the WC game? I know Dodson, Tyrese, and seems like one more kid was taking direct snaps that night after Pearson got hurt

I think you are correct. Mebane also got hurt in that game. Dodson put the team on his back and almost pulled it off