6A Region 4 Playoff Outlook

steelcityroller

17 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

But yet you are discrediting them by making the remark that a 3-3 team is going to win the region over a 6-0 team? How in the world is that not discrediting a team? They've earned bragging rights, and the status as the top team in the region. You're literally basing them losing the district off of the willpower of a coach lol breaking news.... no one works harder on and off the field than the MJ staff.. check the facilities. MJ wins the region and does it with ease.

Ain't nothing gonna be easy about 9-29 game. Rossview can win the region!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BKisler said:

MJ should go 10-0. Will they have home field throughout the playoffs? If so; they will be a tough to beat. They will be a tough out no matter who or where they play.

They love the fact that no one gives them any respect. They play with an edge.

GO BEARS !

Very possible they go 10-0. I also think that Hendersonville game will be big. With that said, I don't think anyone in Region 4 has an easy game in the playoffs, although the verdict is still out on Cookeville in region 3. 

43 minutes ago, BKisler said:

MJ should go 10-0. Will they have home field throughout the playoffs? If so; they will be a tough to beat. They will be a tough out no matter who or where they play.

GO BEARS !

Only been to MJ once, but enjoyed it. Nice atmosphere you guys have

3 hours ago, BKisler said:

GO BEARS !

Region 3 gets the nod for home field throughout this year and in 2019 and Region 4 gets the nod for home field throughout in 2018 and 2020. So say for example it ends up being #1 Mt. Juliet and #1 Oakland the game will be in Oakland.

1 hour ago, eers said:

Very possible they go 10-0. I also think that Hendersonville game will be big. With that said, I don't think anyone in Region 4 has an easy game in the playoffs, although the verdict is still out on Cookeville in region 3. 

We will find out about Cookeville very soon they have Riverdale, Blackman and Oakland the next 3 games.

But yeah Region 4 is gonna have their hands full come playoff time. It remains to be seen but I would probably go ahead and guess that Mt. Juliet will be the only Region 4 team to get out of the 1st round.

Also Region 4 has the hardest road to the championship in my opinion. For example a team like Mt. Juliet could be looking at having to beat Cookeville, Blackman, Oakland, Maryville and Whitehaven to win the championship.

Edited by steelcityroller

Just let it play out.

One thing we all know for sure somebody got to win somebody got to lose.

And of course there will be some unusual upsets doing playoff by an underdog somewhere 

Someone you may have thought would get in may not get in vs some One who was overlooked 

Half the teams in the championship every year may have one or two loses or more its going to happen look at the history 

Then it's still early a key player Will be injured somewhere causing things to flip,,this happen to Bradley central last year. Or a major upset will cause someone to go to title game that wasn't suppose to..

3 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Region 3 gets the nod for home field throughout this year and in 2019 and Region 4 gets the nod for home field throughout in 2018 and 2020. So say for example it ends up being #1 Mt. Juliet and #1 Oakland the game will be in Oakland.

We will find out about Cookeville very soon they have Riverdale, Blackman and Oakland the next 3 games.

But yeah Region 4 is gonna have their hands full come playoff time. It remains to be seen but I would probably go ahead and guess that Mt. Juliet will be the only Region 4 team to get out of the 1st round.

Also Region 4 has the hardest road to the championship in my opinion. For example a team like Mt. Juliet could be looking at having to beat Cookeville, Blackman, Oakland, Maryville and Whitehaven to win the championship.

Yeah, that's a hard run out of Region 4... 

You're also right about Cookeville, the next few weeks will tell.