#1 Ranked Greeneville Vs. Sully South

DevilMan03

9 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I'm surprised it had been a while since a team from that part of the state won it.You never know when a school that nobody factors in  will jump up and win five games when the playoffs start.The last several years  doesn't mean squat this year.I don't have a clue as to how Greeneville or AC could match up with the best from middle and west Tennessee.Nobody knows who will stay healthy either and that can change the picture for anyone.

2000.....   Maryville High School...... season starts 0-4 with losses to Alcoa, Central, Heritage, Halls.....   Just throw in the towel and get the basketballs out, right??     No, of course not.....  Maryville wins the next 6 to end up 6-4, then makes a playoff run by winning 5 straight against Hixson, Halls, Rhea, Greeneville, Memphis East.....  another Gold Ball goes to Blount County..

16 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

That's the unknown,none of those that moved up won anything last year.Doesn't look like none would have this year either had they stayed.

KC will probably win 5A  this year !! Yiu dont think they would win 4A had they stayed there ??? Really ???? And Fulton is still capable ..both KC abd Fulton would be stiff competition for Greeneville had they stayed in 4A ... Central has had a drop off in talent for sure and they are the only one that fits you comment .

13 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I'm surprised it had been a while since a team from that part of the state won it.You never know when a school that nobody factors in  will jump up and win five games when the playoffs start.The last several years  doesn't mean squat this year.I don't have a clue as to how Greeneville or AC could match up with the best from middle and west Tennessee.Nobody knows who will stay healthy either and that can change the picture for anyone.

So true.  I know nothing about the teams from Middle TN.  I know Marshall Co. has been stout the past few years, I assume from the AP Poll they are still pretty good although it's hard to put much stock in the AP Poll.  The last few regular season games could either solidify the poll or shake it up entirely.  Time will tell.  

I will be the first to admit that a team cannot really control who ends up on their schedule.  You have to play whoever is next, whether they are undefeated or winless.  That being said, the Anderson County train might want to pull back into the station before we start talking about state championships.  If you look at who they have played, the level of competition has been very very poor.  I realize everyone gets excited about teams that score a lot of points, but as Greeneville learned in the early 2000s, you better be able to run the football and play some defense if you want to win a state championship.   

8 hours ago, Tadvols said:

KC will probably win 5A  this year !! Yiu dont think they would win 4A had they stayed there ??? Really ???? And Fulton is still capable ..both KC abd Fulton would be stiff competition for Greeneville had they stayed in 4A ... Central has had a drop off in talent for sure and they are the only one that fits you comment .

None of them won anything last year,none .Kc won nothing and Fulton won nothing. Fulton doesn't have the size or the depth this year and that was seen against Maryville.KC gave up 48 points to SD,that doesn't happen with a great team.KC is the best of what left but I don't see a much improved team over what won nothing last year.

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

What happened to all the south fans? This use to be a huge huge rivalry game. You can go back years and look this game up on the boards and see we have lost a lot of South fans 

Two straight losing seasons and the promise of the new Sullivan County high school have thinned the herd. South will put up a fight but won't have the athletes to compete tomorrow night. The QB is a great athlete and the defensive front isn't bad.  56 - 20 is my prediction.

9 hours ago, sshsfan said:

Two straight losing seasons and the promise of the new Sullivan County high school have thinned the herd. South will put up a fight but won't have the athletes to compete tomorrow night. The QB is a great athlete and the defensive front isn't bad.  56 - 20 is my prediction.

That new high school deal is going to suck for a lot of families.I know several that have kids coming up and have heard their concerns .I'd hate to have a 16 or 17 year old wanting to drive to school from where a lot of them live and where the school is going to be located.Anyway,It's game day and as always more then who wins ,I hope for a safe game for all the players.I say players because I'm thinking South has a young lady that kicks.I might be thinking of the wrong team and sorry about that if I'm wrong.Nomatter,I never want to see someones kids hurt because of a football game.Been there as a player and a parent and never wish that on anyone.

35 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

That new high school deal is going to suck for a lot of families.I know several that have kids coming up and have heard their concerns .I'd hate to have a 16 or 17 year old wanting to drive to school from where a lot of them live and where the school is going to be located.Anyway,It's game day and as always more then who wins ,I hope for a safe game for all the players.I say players because I'm thinking South has a young lady that kicks.I might be thinking of the wrong team and sorry about that if I'm wrong.Nomatter,I never want to see someones kids hurt because of a football game.Been there as a player and a parent and never wish that on anyone.

Agreed, it's not like the best athletes in the county have been getting in cars and driving to the other side of the county to Sullivan South or North for yea....... oh wait.  Yeah, that's been going on for a long time.  Kids at East have always had a long drive.  Heck, the kids who live in Fall Branch have been back roading it or flying up the interstate to get to Gray for years.  I'm sure Greeneville has some kids who live in Greene County proper but choose to pay tuition and go to Greeneville City Schools, quite a drive there.  Families will get used to it.  When Sullivan County is saving millions of dollars a year by not having to use or staff facilities, it only makes sense.

1 minute ago, formerblazer said:

Agreed, it's not like the best athletes in the county have been getting in cars and driving to the other side of the county to Sullivan South or North for yea....... oh wait.  Yeah, that's been going on for a long time.  Kids at East have always had a long drive.  Heck, the kids who live in Fall Branch have been back roading it or flying up the interstate to get to Gray for years.  I'm sure Greeneville has some kids who live in Greene County proper but choose to pay tuition and go to Greeneville City Schools, quite a drive there.  Families will get used to it.  When Sullivan County is saving millions of dollars a year by not having to use or staff facilities, it only makes sense.

Yep,I was one that came in from the county to be a Devil.That was a  legit move back into town . Never forget our 8th grade coach asking for a show of hands to how many off our championship team would be playing for South Greene.Yep,I was the lone wolf not to raise my hand.I did enjoy the 9th grade game against my old teammates