Gerry Bertier's Top 10 for 3A

Gerry Bertier

On 10/1/2017 at 9:59 PM, Gerry Bertier said:

It is October and the regular season is starting to wind down. Each team has played 6 or 7 games and we have an idea of what types of squads will be brought to the playoff table is November. Here is my first poll of 2017 for 3A. 

1. Alcoa- the Tornadoes may not be an F5 this year but they are still the team to beat in 3A. 

2. Pearl Cohn- I would put up the Firebirds schedule against any in 3A. Coach Brunetti and Co. look like a serious contender to return to Cookeville this December.

3. Austin-East- the Roadrunners are putting together a strong campaign and the only blemish on their 2017 slate so far was a close loss to Fulton. Roadrunners must take on the F5 if they want a shot at the gold ball.

4. Raleigh-Egypt- the Pharaohs are putting together a quality season in Memphis. They will have a tough playoff road against some quality region 7 squads if they want a chance to meet Pearl Cohn in the semis.

5. Covington- The Chargers are looking to return to Cookeville and will more than likely need to beat Milan, RE, and PC to do so. 

6. Fairview- the Yellow Jackets have two blemishes on the year but after 50-49 OT loss to Waverly they have shut out three opponents in a row including state ranked Greenbrier.  A showdown with PC looms in the quarters barring an upset.

7. Milan- the Bulldogs have three losses but all three will be playing into late November. You can never underestimate a Coach Morris led squad.

8. Red Bank- Lions seem to be the toughest 3A team in Chattanooga. If they play to potential, they will have a match up with Alcoa in the semis.

9. Giles Co.- the Bobcats have a Division 1 QB which can spell trouble for many HS defenses. Look for Coach O'Conner to have some November magic in Pulaski. They will need to beat both Fairview and PC on the road to get to the semis.

10. South Gibson- Hornets seem to always start strong but struggle come October. Is this the year they right the ship? We shall see.

Next Five Out- Johnson County, Bolivar, Kingston, Loudon, The Squatch

Look forward to some great discussion.

who in their sane state of bein wood not have ND in the top 10.....for that matter of saneness....who woodnt have the Irish in the top 3

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

13 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

Fairview is a good team but them blowing greenbrier out was no surprise. The Bobcats are severely over rated. Time will show as they will lose to white house and springfield inside their region

Greenbrier will be a 7-3/6-4 football team with a chance of advancing into the second weekend of the playoffs.  They are somewhere between 9-16 in the state in 4A football from what I've been told.  Coach Elmore and his staff are doing an awesome job this year.

On 10/4/2017 at 8:09 PM, howdoitknow said:

Greenbrier will be a 7-3/6-4 football team with a chance of advancing into the second weekend of the playoffs.  They are somewhere between 9-16 in the state in 4A football from what I've been told.  Coach Elmore and his staff are doing an awesome job this year.

They are very overated if in the to 25 period. I am not a hater I have seen them play 2 times and they are not very good. They are winning against bad teams and got blowed out by a good team. Your record you predict falls in line with what i said also but look at the schedule. Region is a cup cake. White house in my opinion is better and so is Springfield and neither of those teams are great. Springfield has the best chances of advancing pase second round if they get their players back healthy. White House will finish undefeated in the region and lose second round. This region is really bad

Gerry, I'm not sure what these boys here in Squatch county have done to be slighted like this.  There ain't no way Squatch co. isn't a top 5 3A team right now. The only real fault I see in this team right now is that we're having to build a bigger locker room on account of how big all the boys hearts are...

Reading your list kinda reminds me a lot of Clyde, my mechanic;  Untrustworthy.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2017 at 1:25 PM, bolddust281 said:

Gerry, I'm not sure what these boys here in Squatch county have done to be slighted like this.  There ain't no way Squatch co. isn't a top 5 3A team right now. The only real fault I see in this team right now is that we're having to build a bigger locker room on account of how big all the boys hearts are...

Reading your list kinda reminds me a lot of Clyde, my mechanic;  Untrustworthy.

Top5....Come on man lol