Cordova @ Pearl Cohn

FBfan26

33 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

If Cordova only lose 1 game why are they not ranked in 6a?

The AP Poll is set up to receive votes from AP media members around the state. There are only a few AP media members in west Tennessee as compared to Middle and East Tennessee. There is only ONE in west Tennessee who is familiar with Cordova ... the rest are with rural papers whose sports prep beat writer is unfamiliar with 6A football because there are no 6A high school football teams in rural west Tennessee.  That being stated, the folks who actually do the voting, vote for who they see on a regular basis. Therefore ... they (Cordova) won't get enough votes because the majority of the AP poll voters don't know them or see them. Folks vote for what they know and see.

That was a long and round about way of saying ... 

30 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Cause they aren't in Middle or East TN

Edited by kwc

1 hour ago, kwc said:

Firebird ... trust me ... there won't be no mercy rule ... they are going to put up some points. Cordova beat East 62-32, first game of the season. East beat ya'll last year in the semi-finals of the 4A playoffs 14-13.

Now I know that was last year, and this is this year, but that is the reference point for context.

Cordova is suppose to win, All I've said is ... they better not doubt ya'll just  because you guys are 3A.

The statement was if they can't score. If that happens not saying it will PC will mercy rule them. I saw Cordova defense not strong at all. For as East they should've shared that state championship with us. Everybody who was there knows the refs gave them that game with that bogus fumble call for Touchdown. Just because Cordova is in 6A dont mean they supposed to win thats crazy to me. But on offense they are solid we respect that side of the ball for sure. Should be interesting on Saturday I don't see close game at all. Who ever wins this game it'll be be large margin.

39 minutes ago, bcd said:

I think statistically in offense up to last week Cordova was #1 in the state with CPA at #2...

I don't know how Cordova ranks statistically with the rest of the state because I don't have access to that data. I do, however, have access to to sources of data that tracks the Memphis area high schools. Those two sources are the Commercial Appeal, for one, and The Shelby Metro Sports Blog web site is the other. I've been posting data from these websites for the past three or four weeks. The SMSB web site releases their data on Fridays, before the games are played. Their report is compiles of the previous weeks. So, what they have up currently goes through 6 weeks of games. The 7th week will be incorporated in the latest data and be released Friday before they play the Week 8 games.

Go here: Memphis area high school football - Individual statistic leaders through Week 6

There you will see that the Cordova RB has some impressive stats. The Cordova QB has some impressive stats. And one of the Cordova WRs has some impressive stats. 

Go here: Memphis area high school football - Team statistic leaders through Week 6

There you will see the Cordova Team stats through week 6. They have some impressive stats through 6 weeks offensively. They score a lot of points and they are pretty well balanced on offense.

2 minutes ago, kwc said:

I don't know how Cordova ranks statistically with the rest of the state because I don't have access to that data. I do, however, have access to to sources of data that tracks the Memphis area high schools. Those two sources are the Commercial Appeal, for one, and The Shelby Metro Sports Blog web site is the other. I've been posting data from these websites for the past three or four weeks. The SMSB web site releases their data on Fridays, before the games are played. Their report is compiles of the previous weeks. So, what they have up currently goes through 6 weeks of games. The 7th week will be incorporated in the latest data and be released Friday before they play the Week 8 games.

Go here: Memphis area high school football - Individual statistic leaders through Week 6

There you will see that the Cordova RB has some impressive stats. The Cordova QB has some impressive stats. And one of the Cordova WRs has some impressive stats. 

Go here: Memphis area high school football - Team statistic leaders through Week 6

There you will see the Cordova Team stats through week 6. They have some impressive stats through 6 weeks offensively. They score a lot of points and they are pretty well balanced on offense.

Stats can be misleading also.

2 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

The statement was if they can't score. If that happens not saying it will PC will mercy rule them. I saw Cordova defense not strong at all. For as East they should've shared that state championship with us. Everybody who was there knows the refs gave them that game with that bogus fumble call for Touchdown. Just because Cordova is in 6A dont mean they supposed to win thats crazy to me. But on offense they are solid we respect that side of the ball for sure. Should be interesting on Saturday I don't see close game at all. Who ever wins this game it'll be be large margin.

Yeah ... that's what coach10ac was talking about. They don't have the strongest of defenses. I also agree that 6A doesn't automatically mean they beat a smaller classification. Depends on the team and other factors. 

I think this is going to be a good one!

1 minute ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Stats can be misleading also.

True. However, they do give an indication of capabilities and tendencies, for that matter. You look at the stats ... then you look at the competition those stats were garnered against. They also let you know who the team alpha dogs are.

I always find it as useful information.

6 minutes ago, kwc said:

Yeah ... that's what coach10ac was talking about. They don't have the strongest of defenses. I also agree that 6A doesn't automatically mean they beat a smaller classification. Depends on the team and other factors. 

I think this is going to be a good one!

Should be! Just feel like the winner of this game will win big.