Mount Juliet (7-0) at McGavock (5-2)

MJGOLDENBEARS

1 hour ago, GoPats2019 said:

You honestly do not understand the talent & coaching gap. You'd be battling Riverdale & Cookeville for 3rd, 4th, 5th in Region 3.

lol you're probably an Alabama fan, coaching gap? Are you serious... maybe a talent gap but maybe you need some research on Coach TP and company. Our facilities absolutely demolish anyone in the boro. 

14 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

lol you're probably an Alabama fan, coaching gap? Are you serious... maybe a talent gap but maybe you need some research on Coach TP and company. Our facilities absolutely demolish anyone in the boro. 

Facilities are always a help when building a good program, but they are never the big difference maker. There are schools in Memphis that don't have the facilities and still great ball. Talent, heart, coaching discipline all weigh in above facilities. If you have those other intangibles you will find a way to train at your best. lifting 250LBS in an air conditioned nice new facility has the same impact as lifting in a plywood shed. 

I am not a Mt Juliet apologist by any stretch.  Yeah they have a few weak games on schedule.  Who doesn't?  What constitutes a good season no matter the schedule.  If they lose out that is still 7-3 and a good year with a playoff appearance.  They may not be the elite of the elite but right now they are 7-0 with 6 shutouts.  That ain't half bad!  If they were to go let's say 11-1 and lose in the second round, would you say they had a bad year?  Mt Juliet deserves to be ranked.  Are they better than Oakland, Maryville, Whitehaven, Blackman, who knows but they deserve to be in the conversation as of now.  Again I have no dog in the fight.  

Well I was hoping to read about a MJ McGavock game, but got the same old talk about MJ and Rtherford County/ schedule talk again.  I have no dog in the race, but I will say that before their season the schedule for MJ looked competitive - Glencliff and NW.  Who would have guessed Overton would be as bad as they were. Gallatin is always a tough out and McGavock is down the road from them.  I am willing to bet that their schedule was made earlier than Whitehaven and that is why they did not get a week 10 game til late.

On another note, by living in the Boro I have seen every team play and have seen MJ play twice.  Most years I would say MJ would be hard pressed to compete with those teams due to talent, but this years team is different.  It would be a good game with MJ and any Boro school.  They are strong and physical. 

16 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I will stack our football facilities against any public school (other than Maryville) in Tennessee.  Next argument?