South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Bouldin man)

Roy Dillard

4 hours ago, tnlonghorn said:

I was watching as an unbiased football fan . Let me give my perspective on the spots . If I was S Pitt I wouldn't even mention spots again. S Pitt got ridiculous spots all night long . Go back and watch it again with unbiased eyes . The Whitwell fans were going crazy . I would be highly suprised if some refs aren't reprimanded . I thought the spot you guys keep mentioning was close and I couldn't see it from my angle very well but I felt that there were four s Pitt spots that were unbelievable to the point I felt there was some bias in the game from the refs . What a great game played by both sides though and a great atmosphere . Two hard nosed throw back teams . I do agree with others though I think both teams are going to have to find a way to get a little more inventive with their passing game . This S Pitt team is not the S Pitt powerhouse teams of the past in terms of speed and big play ability but they are very tough in the box . I've watched Whitwell against Trousdale and now S Pitt. That 31 is a stud ! 

I'm trying to think if we ever had a 4th down play where we got a better spot than we deserved. I didn't see it yesterday in the replay. 

On 10/14/2017 at 1:03 PM, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I was looking at the photos inside the article on the times free press website and saw a photo of a face mask hold by a WW runner on a defensive SP player.  I wonder if that happened a lot on that last drive to help break tackles, just sayin.  

77CC8BA6-775B-419D-AFBD-C353838B2058.jpeg

8 hours ago, tnlonghorn said:

I was watching as an unbiased football fan . Let me give my perspective on the spots . If I was S Pitt I wouldn't even mention spots again. S Pitt got ridiculous spots all night long . Go back and watch it again with unbiased eyes . The Whitwell fans were going crazy . I would be highly suprised if some refs aren't reprimanded . I thought the spot you guys keep mentioning was close and I couldn't see it from my angle very well but I felt that there were four s Pitt spots that were unbelievable to the point I felt there was some bias in the game from the refs . What a great game played by both sides though and a great atmosphere . Two hard nosed throw back teams . I do agree with others though I think both teams are going to have to find a way to get a little more inventive with their passing game . This S Pitt team is not the S Pitt powerhouse teams of the past in terms of speed and big play ability but they are very tough in the box . I've watched Whitwell against Trousdale and now S Pitt. That 31 is a stud ! 

LMBO, I rewatched it yesterday on the replay. There were some spots during the game where it looked like SP or Whitwell gained 6 yards and it was marked as 5 or 7. However, no spot was more critical than the one on fourth down with under 4 minutes left. The Whitwell ball carrier didn't get anywhere close. I was sitting on the 40 yard line. It was short by 2 yards. That was the bad spot of the night. The correct spot and the game is over right there without the suspense of the last 3 minutes. 

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

LMBO, I rewatched it yesterday on the replay. There were some spots during the game where it looked like SP or Whitwell gained 6 yards and it was marked as 5 or 7. However, no spot was more critical than the one on fourth down with under 4 minutes left. The Whitwell ball carrier didn't get anywhere close. I was sitting on the 40 yard line. It was short by 2 yards. That was the bad spot of the night. The correct spot and the game is over right there without the suspense of the last 3 minutes. 

I'm telling ya the guy marking the spot was terrible - if he was crying he would have tears running down both shoulders 

Just another thing to think about from Friday nights performance for both teams, and this may have already been mentioned a while back but I haven’t seen it is this: we can take into consideration that both teams were out of their normal routines because of fall break and I know in years past, at least for SP, that doesn’t bode well for precision in practice throughout the week. Obviously the opponent for that fall break makes a huge difference and we’ve played Lookout Valley several times, so sometimes you see a lackluster performance from fall break. That wasn’t the case this Friday, and any difference would’ve been felt by both teams, but my thought/observation is I wonder that if/when the rematch happens, how being back in normal routine will affect the preparation for another great game. 

23 hours ago, tnlonghorn said:

1306F61F-1CB8-4351-9FD8-AE8B560B820A.MOV