South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Bouldin man)

Roy Dillard

On 10/14/2017 at 2:28 AM, Southtowner said:

Region 3 and Region 4 projected playoff bracket.    Region 3 seeds are set.  

1. South Pittsburg
*4. Monterey    

3. Copper Basin
*2. Jo Byrns

*1. Gordonsville
  4. Lookout Valley

*3. Clay County
  2. Whitwell

*Region 4 is projected as follows:  Gordonsville with a win over Clay County gets the 1 seed.

*Jo Byrns beats Red Boiling Springs and Picket County.   4-2 in region play with 8-2 overall record.

*Clay County beats Pickett County but loses to Gordonsville.  4-2 in region play with 6-4 overall.

*Monterey beats RePublic and Red Boiling Springs.  4-2 in region play with 6-4 overall.

*3 way tie between JB, CC and Monterey in the region all at 4-2. 

*JB beat Clay -  Clay beat Monterey -  Monterey beat JB.

*First tie breaker is overall wins.  JB will get the 2 seed.

*Now back to head to head.   Clay beat Monterey.  Clay gets the 3 seed.

That's the way I see it.  So let it be written.  So let it be done.  

Here ya go folks.  Read above.  

On 10/14/2017 at 1:34 PM, TheAmbassador said:

I did as well. That guy was 2 yards short of the first down. I will have to say... I don't understand that at all. 

I was watching as an unbiased football fan . Let me give my perspective on the spots . If I was S Pitt I wouldn't even mention spots again. S Pitt got ridiculous spots all night long . Go back and watch it again with unbiased eyes . The Whitwell fans were going crazy . I would be highly suprised if some refs aren't reprimanded . I thought the spot you guys keep mentioning was close and I couldn't see it from my angle very well but I felt that there were four s Pitt spots that were unbelievable to the point I felt there was some bias in the game from the refs . What a great game played by both sides though and a great atmosphere . Two hard nosed throw back teams . I do agree with others though I think both teams are going to have to find a way to get a little more inventive with their passing game . This S Pitt team is not the S Pitt powerhouse teams of the past in terms of speed and big play ability but they are very tough in the box . I've watched Whitwell against Trousdale and now S Pitt. That 31 is a stud ! 

30 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

Can't wait

Let me tell you i wouldnt care one bit to see Coalfield stub their toe and not have to have a rematch and they would us also.It is very hard to beat a very good team twice.You all and Whitwell are closely matched just as us and Coalfield.I love those type games but man in the playoffs its nerve racking.I am very very nervous about our (maybe)  rematch with them!

17 minutes ago, tnlonghorn said:

I was watching as an unbiased football fan . Let me give my perspective on the spots . If I was S Pitt I wouldn't even mention spots again. S Pitt got ridiculous spots all night long . Go back and watch it again with unbiased eyes . The Whitwell fans were going crazy . I would be highly suprised if some refs aren't reprimanded . I thought the spot you guys keep mentioning was close and I couldn't see it from my angle very well but I felt that there were four s Pitt spots that were unbelievable to the point I felt there was some bias in the game from the refs . What a great game played by both sides though and a great atmosphere . Two hard nosed throw back teams . I do agree with others though I think both teams are going to have to find a way to get a little more inventive with their passing game . This S Pitt team is not the S Pitt powerhouse teams of the past in terms of speed and big play ability but they are very tough in the box . I've watched Whitwell against Trousdale and now S Pitt. That 31 is a stud ! 

Then you are blind. The 4th down stop was not even close to a First.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Let me tell you i wouldnt care one bit to see Coalfield stub their toe and not have to have a rematch and they would us also.It is very hard to beat a very good team twice.You all and Whitwell are closely matched just as us and Coalfield.I love those type games but man in the playoffs its nerve racking.I am very very nervous about our (maybe)  rematch with them!

If they can't run again for whatever reason I believe y'all take it. I picked you the first time. 

3 hours ago, tnlonghorn said:

If you notice, we said that the spots were ridiculous for both teams. The 4 the down one was probably the one that could have cost one team or the other the most. But I think everyone agrees it was bad both ways.