South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Bouldin man)

Roy Dillard

Just now, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Depends on how you look at.  The original starter was suspended or kicked off for the hazing incident allegedly. Then their starter from last year took over for him from his WR spot.  However, Shrum started against us then Holloway (the QB turned WR turned QB) took over.  Then the 4th quarter they ran the wild tiger to the right behind an unbalanced line and 3 backs in the back field.  They kicked out our CB and turned out DE and LB’s inside which created a lane.  At least that’s how it appeared to me. Either way, Whitwell has 3 capable QB’s and 5 capable RB’s and all are on the field at the same time.

Good post, but when a team looses their QB it does make a difference. Not that it would have changed anything. Just saying. Good win for the pirates!!

19 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

The starting QB didn't play last night!?

Hasn't played last two games. Warner can throw better than last years QB which has played the last two games. This allows us to Keep Petty at WR and it opens the box more. Last two games teams have been able to stack the box and makes running the ball harder. SP has a good defense and that caused a lot of the problems. However, we are a different team with #15 at QB. Our defense is good enough to keep us in games. Coach Boldin will get the offense fixed. The rematch will be fun. 

28 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Hasn't played last two games. Warner can throw better than last years QB which has played the last two games. This allows us to Keep Petty at WR and it opens the box more. Last two games teams have been able to stack the box and makes running the ball harder. SP has a good defense and that caused a lot of the problems. However, we are a different team with #15 at QB. Our defense is good enough to keep us in games. Coach Boldin will get the offense fixed. The rematch will be fun. 

Is he done for the year?

Watching the game back this morning. We moved the ball well on Whitwell. What stopped us was when we didn’t connect on passes. I believe we punted only 2-3 times. Credit to Whitwell for stepping up when they had to. As Ambassador said, that game could have turned out for a Whitwell win possibly or a Pirate victory by 3 scores. Also, no way in the world Petty picked up that first down on 4th and 2. He was at least a yard short. That would have sealed it right there.

Edited by powerp

2 hours ago, MrLegit said:

I watched the Coalfield greenback game as well and they are not better. Period.

Lol first let me say, Kinfolk you are the biggest Pirate Homer on this board. I’m just keeping it real. Secondly, I came down from LV and went to game last night. I will say that both teams have good hard nosed teams with good defenses but neither team will stop Coalfield from throwing all over them or Greenback’s stud running back. Atleast not from what I saw last night. I’m just keeping it real. Let’s be honest here, Whitwell has some very good athletes and Runningbacks but they are not the kid from Greenback. So if  SP survives the rematch they better get better in a hurry to beat either of the teams up north. I will also say that the environment and SP is one of the best in the area. Great game last night! From the warmups to the music blaring throughout the games in big moments. That siren though, man that thing made my hair stand up on my head everytime it went off. I’m just keeping it real

4 hours ago, rlh said:

Don't bet on it.  That kids style last night keep them going in the 4th quarter. 

I would have, Ashworth is obviously leagues better athlete, Hollaway had a couple carries that Ashworth would have busted wide open in the first half.     Like I said though, that sometimes can be a double edged sword with Ashworth, he in the past has been turnover prone, Hollaway does a pretty good job making sure they don't put the ball in the dirt.   You can't really play 'What if" but IF I was a betting man, and Whitwell has Ashworth, I'm putting my money on them because Midline was open most of the night and if someone with some wheels keeps the ball South Pitt pays dearly.    I said it last week, after the TC game, I stand by my statement, that Whitwell is a different animal offensively with Warner Ashworth at QB, and he's playing his best football.   (Likewise at his worst they're not as good with Hollaway)

I really think Whitwell needs to get 3 the ball more in a game like this, before the last drive.    Condra and Petty are studs but Wingo needs to get some more touches late in that game, even if you gotta be creative. 

I thought Sawyer Kelly was an absolute stud, He had several big time runs that moved the chains and ate up lots of clock. He in my opinion is one of the most underrated backs in the area, and really won that game for South Pitt, with several big carries in the 4th.

As for the "Spots on the ball"  There are a couple questionable spots last night, that went both ways, I thought both teams deserved a better crew then that for how big a game that was.  They seemed to be the only fellars on the field rattled by the environment, as the kids all took it in stride.....

I was real impressed with Whitwell upfront.  South Pitt is better upfront, but not by much, on that last drive, Whitwell was pushing them around, more time on that clock they're in that endzone.

You really got to credit the Whitwell Defense for keeping them in that game.  They made a lot of plays down the stretch, that kept them in that game.    

Finally, in an age of Spread football teams, it was quite refreshing watching two physical football teams, with formations out of the early 1900's line up and just pound it right at each other.     It was like watching a time capsule straight out of the 40's.   If you didn't watch this game, I highly advise you do, because it was a great game to watch and experience,  I don't think Whitwell should 2nd guess or feel bad about anything they did all night.  They played tough, they played hard, and they now know without a doubt for 4 quarters they can play with South Pitt, and now they're the ones with the chip on their shoulder.

Edited by ImaSavage

25 minutes ago, powerp said:

Watching the game back this morning. We moved the ball well on Whitwell. What stopped us was when we didn’t connect on passes. I believe we punted only 2-3 times. Credit to Whitwell for stepping up when they had to. As Ambassador said, that game could have turned out for a Whitwell win possibly or a Pirate victory by 3 scores. Also, no way in the world Petty picked up that first down on 4th and 2. He was at least a yard short. That would have sealed it right there.

I did as well. That guy was 2 yards short of the first down. I will have to say... I don't understand that at all.