South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Bouldin man)

Roy Dillard

6 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Great game tonight by 2 very good teams.  This one is an instant classic.   The first game of the year against Sequatchie they were driving for the possible opportunity to score and go for 2 and the win but were stopped twice late in the 4th qrt.   Tonight I thought we were about to see the last drive go against us and  Whitwell would score and go for 2 and the win.  Defense stepped up and never quit.  A lot of heart showed up on the last drive keeping Whitwell out of the end zone.  When you have opportunities to put the game away then we need to step up and do so.  We have a young team that's getting better each week.  These 2 games where we have depended on our defense to make a play in crunch time will be valuable experience coming down the home stretch.   An overflowing crowd was on hand as well.  Both sides have so much to be proud of.   

All in all just a  great atmosphere and what a finish to a great game.

Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic!   How bout them Pirates!!  

Well said my friend!    It was great meeting you last night.    We were down on the field and to be honest I felt the White ball carrier was short on the 4th and 2 run.    That could of been a fatal play for you guys.   Great job by the defense of coming up huge with the game on the line.

Grider said in Hargis's article what we all seen- "Pirates looked tired in qtr 3 and 4".  He also said in a politically correct way they will address that lol. 

I still believe the best is yet to come from this team. If they clean up the mistakes and execute this game would have been put away. 

51 minutes ago, FreeAgent11 said:

Well said my friend!    It was great meeting you last night.    We were down on the field and to be honest I felt the White ball carrier was short on the 4th and 2 run.    That could of been a fatal play for you guys.   Great job by the defense of coming up huge with the game on the line.

They struggled where to place the football all night 

8 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I'm telling you what I saw in the Coalfield and Greenback game. I'm glad we won the game, but our past SP teams from 2007-2013 would have drilled both of those teams on the field tonight. I stand by what I said earlier this year about Whitwell as well. Their skill position kids are better than SP's in my opinion. Again, both are solid 1A teams, but not GREAT teams. 

Both those teams are good, but they are beatable.