Independence...

Mothman26

19 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I have said it several times and will say it again.  I don't care who the coach is or what school he is at.  If you don't have the players then it don't matter!!!  Blade is a good coach but when he has won he has had good players if not great players.

They have players that a lot of teams would kill for...  Two 4 star receivers and other D1 recruits on the line.  I always feel you have to a good balance of run / pass to be very successful and they threw the ball every down.   

1 hour ago, bcd said:

They have players that a lot of teams would kill for...  Two 4 star receivers and other D1 recruits on the line.  I always feel you have to a good balance of run / pass to be very successful and they threw the ball every down.   

Not arguing because I have not seen them.  Seems like they also have a stud RB from Kentucky maybe.  Also seem to remember their throwing every play in the state championship game last year when all they had to do was run some time throughout the second half cost them the state championship.  So maybe the bigger question is Blade really just an average coach that needs far superior athletes to win?  Guess I don't know their team well enough to answer that question.

5 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Not arguing because I have not seen them.  Seems like they also have a stud RB from Kentucky maybe.  Also seem to remember their throwing every play in the state championship game last year when all they had to do was run some time throughout the second half cost them the state championship.  So maybe the bigger question is Blade really just an average coach that needs far superior athletes to win?  Guess I don't know their team well enough to answer that question.

The RB is good, 1K yards on the season, and I misspoke, the box score says he had 105 yards rushing on us.  I would have never guessed that.   41 pass attempts.  

They beat Hillsboro 49-17, and Hillsboro beat CPA by 2. Who knows?  I think they could still surprise people in the playoffs. 

9 hours ago, bcd said:

I always feel you have to a good balance of run / pass to be very successful and they threw the ball every down.   

Ask Hendersonville how being "balanced" worked for them this year. When your personnel dictates it, great your ahead of 99% of the state. However rarely do teams have the personnel to successfully do both. Give me a dominant run game and the only balance I'll be worrying about is whether to run the ball in the A,B,or C gap

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Ask Hendersonville how being "balanced" worked for them this year. When your personnel dictates it, great your ahead of 99% of the state. However rarely do teams have the personnel to successfully do both. Give me a dominant run game and the only balance I'll be worrying about is whether to run the ball in the A,B,or C gap

Actually, I agree. You can be all run or run first, but to be all pass or pass first doesn’t seem to work as well most of the time.