Friday Main Event LIVE from South Pittsburg!

1 hour ago, Roy Dillard said:

What kind of mess is this? If that Jackson man and Dunwoody man see this mess they are going to be real mad.  I garuntee you I listen to them sometime on my way home and they do a lot better than daffy Dave.  You think im joking but im not. 

They do an excellent job.  I listen to them on the way home outta town when I leave a few minutes early.

Is daffy dave the Jasper guy?  I get a seizure listening to him call a game.  :unsure:

4 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

It would be an improvement, that's for sure.

I can assure you it would not be an improvement... I do color on occasion.  I haven't done play by play but a couple of times about 4 years ago.   We normally carry Tullahoma games on the Duck but their off this week and I thought I might ask the manager about letting Lee and I call this game since we don't have a game lined up.   It would be quite comical, I'm sure....lol

50 minutes ago, FreeAgent11 said:

I can assure you it would not be an improvement... I do color on occasion.  I haven't done play by play but a couple of times about 4 years ago.   We normally carry Tullahoma games on the Duck but their off this week and I thought I might ask the manager about letting Lee and I call this game since we don't have a game lined up.   It would be quite comical, I'm sure....lol

If yall call the game can it be put on your podcast?  

1 hour ago, FreeAgent11 said:

I garuntee you Grider will make you get off his field before the game starts.  That Jackson man and Dunwoody man are in one of the rooms in that Sherrill mans pressbox.  Im not falling for your mess. You think im joking but im not. 

9 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

I garuntee you Grider will make you get off his field before the game starts.  That Jackson man and Dunwoody man are in one of the rooms in that Sherrill mans pressbox.  Im not falling for your mess. You think im joking but im not. 

He needs to interview that Goforth man that broadcasts Whitwell games.  He also works with the Atlanta Falcons radio guys.  That's a NFL team Roy.  He might even sign your Murphy Book if you ask him.  

5 minutes ago, FreeAgent11 said:

I saw on another Website that South PIttsburg went 0-9 in 2000.   Is that correct?    Can't imagine Grider going winless in a season.   Was that forfeits?

Yes. Actually went 2-7 but one guy that apparently wasn't eligible got on the field in those two games for a total of 2 plays and so we had to forfeit the only 2 wins of the season.  That  year we lost 21 of the 22 starters from the previous season's state championship team that didn't lose a game.  

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

5 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Yes. Actually went 2-7 but one guy that apparently wasn't eligible got on the field in those two games for a total of 2 plays and so we had to forfeit the only 2 wins of the season.  That  year we lost 21 of the 22 starters from the previous season's state championship team that didn't lose a game.  

I thought it was all 22 starters. LMBO

10 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

I knew the previous two seasons you guys were undefeated in regular season including the 99 title team so I figured it was a case of depleted roster.   Thanks buddy.   Look forward to meeting you Friday.