Henry County vs Clarksville NE

HCBigRed

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen both teams play and without question NE is faster than HC and it not really close. OL and DL seem about the same strength wise. QB play I think goes to NE and Coaching to HC. Everything says that NE should win this game, and if it were at NE I would say NE by 14+. However since it is at HC and until NE proves they can win the big game, I would favor HC in a close one.

But I would not be surprised if NE puts it on HC in a big way because they can score....a lot

45 minutes ago, Oldguy1027 said:

I have seen both teams play and without question NE is faster than HC and it not really close. OL and DL seem about the same strength wise. QB play I think goes to NE and Coaching to HC. Everything says that NE should win this game, and if it were at NE I would say NE by 14+. However since it is at HC and until NE proves they can win the big game, I would favor HC in a close one.

But I would not be surprised if NE puts it on HC in a big way because they can score....a lot

Lol that's funny can't remember the last time a team "put it on us" at Patriot Stadium.  I will get back with u later tonight when we get a big win and home field advantage in the playoffs. Roll Red Roll.

Worst officiating I've ever seen! Close game good fight by both teams but refs flat out controlled that game . Taking nothing away from Henry county but both of those passes on last drive where obvious drops and refs somehow face both drops a catch! Northeast scored on Goal Line with QB Sneak and refs blew play dead as early as they could.  Great physical football by players but like always you play in Henry you better get ready to play the Patriots and the Refs! 

26 minutes ago, MikeLowry said:

Worst officiating I've ever seen! Close game good fight by both teams but refs flat out controlled that game . Taking nothing away from Henry county but both of those passes on last drive where obvious drops and refs somehow face both drops a catch! Northeast scored on Goal Line with QB Sneak and refs blew play dead as early as they could.  Great physical football by players but like always you play in Henry you better get ready to play the Patriots and the Refs! 

Sorry Mike. Better luck next time. 

Not sure how biased I would consider the refs, though, as there were 11 flags thrown on Henry County compared to the 8 thrown on Northeast. 

That said, this was a pretty good game between 2 good football teams in my opinion. Congrats to our boys on another region championship!! 

Edited by MSURacer

Mike, I thought one of the catches was borderline and I’ll give you that. However, the QB absolutely got stonewalled and did not cross the goaline. The refs were pretty even but there will be no convincing you otherwise. HC always gets the short end of the stick when they come to Clarksville so I don’t feel bad at all. 

HC actually started the game better than previous weeks and played pretty well. I hope we are going to peak in the playoffs because it wasn’t the best I feel this team can play. 

Hats off to a solid NE team and good luck in the playoffs. Hope to see you guys again.

Kudos to Northeast for a well and clean played game. They have a very nice team with some extraordinary talent in the back field especially numbers 1 and 2. It was the largest Clarksville crowd in recent memory and they were loud and supportive of their team.They have an opportunity to make some noise in the playoffs , perhaps a rematch with our Patriots. The officiating, through my homer eyes was pretty even with a slight lean to the visitors but I usually feel that way just as Mike probably sees it his way! I felt that we should have had 28 or 35 points in the first half  but some of our old mistakes  bit us in the arse . 

GO BIG RED

People always complain about the officiating.  I have never heard a winning team say the officials were terrible or the officials sucked.

Having said that let me tell you a story about officials.

1. We win coin flip and defer.  Officials ask home team which end of the field they want to receive.  Can't do that, either you receive or you choose an end of the field.  NOT BOTH!  When I question the referee about it, he said he didn't think it would make much difference anyway.  

2.  At half time, I hear the white hat (referee in charge) say, guys (the rest of the officiating crew) take your hats off that is your school's alma mater being played.

3.  When I asked a question, the head linesman turned to me and said, "coach maybe you will understand better than your assistant coach, we'll officiate you just coach."  15 yards when I asked if I needed  Vaseline while he was officiating.  Don't think he liked my humor.

4.  Same crew from 4 years earlier when I asked one of my assistant's if they played by TSSAA rules in this county?

The alma mater did not play at half time. Coin toss Winner gets choice, loser picks end of field. Refs are NEVER from there home town. You have a good team. #1 is awesome.   Home field advantage maybe. NE has won how many time at home against HC in last last 10 years.  One in 2012, best team NE could put together in Clarksville. Thats 4 out of 5 loses at NE I guess we brought our own refs with us.