Wayne Co @ Perry Co

wildcat89

I'm curious to know what any of the Wildcat faithful out there think about the Vikings. Have you gotten a chance to watch film? See in person? etc. I feel like the Vikings will find ways to score but the Wildcats are really good at the option. The question is can the Vikings Defense play a full game? If they can I think it will be a good ballgame but the Wildcats are a lot better than their 5-3 record due to all the injuries this season. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

I'm curious to know what any of the Wildcat faithful out there think about the Vikings. Have you gotten a chance to watch film? See in person? etc. I feel like the Vikings will find ways to score but the Wildcats are really good at the option. The question is can the Vikings Defense play a full game? If they can I think it will be a good ballgame but the Wildcats are a lot better than their 5-3 record due to all the injuries this season. 

The thing that stands out to me is Vikings don't seem to have a lot of speed. Play really hard and seem to get after it. 

2 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

From the best I can tell WC speed will be a huge problem for PC and the WC defense is really underrated, it will give PC a fit due to PC being so easy to read. The coaches still make their plays to predictable. They still run what appears to be misdirection but when you really watch their plays the lineman block differently on every play, read the guards and you know where the ball is going every play

20 hours ago, TheMirrorThief said:

the PC teams of a few years ago seemed to always have several really premium athletes....same for basketball teams...what happened to all the really good jocks????  growing moonshine or what

They have had a few good lineman and Tucker and Mercer but outside of that I really don't remember many that stood out. Growing moonshine?

You're right Mirror Thief, PC has had a lot of good athletes and  still do. Baseball and Basketball have the majority of the athletes in the County but I think in the next few years you'll see an increase in athleticism in Perry County. Lobelville Elementary have some pretty good athletes now and Linden Middle and Elementary have some talent coming up. Should any way as long as they keep at it and work hard. But for right now, small town USA, gotta go with the best you got and I think we have some good athletes in PC.

3 hours ago, TheMirrorThief said:

yeah, Ive had a lot of fun over the years watching the local teams go at it tooth and nail.  To bad there is no hockey, now that would have really been a blast

Nobody's had more fun than me following these boys grow into the young men they are now, and not just at WC, my boys all became good friends with boys from Cwood and the older ones still hang out with them to this day. We all argue and poke at each other on here but the bottom line is that it's about these boys that we all love to support. Many of Collinwoods sophomores to seniors I've had the pleasure to watch play baseball and football since they were four years old and it's been a pleasure watching them grow into the players and young men they are now. We may fight and argue on here but we're all here for the same reason and I hope all of y'all on here have enjoyed it as much as I have!