Greenbrier at Springfield

LEON

Ok ..since this thread has has jumped the track to officiating at White House, I believe in the past and probably now that White House home game officials came from another association in southern middle Instead of the northern middle Tennessee association that the rest of the region teams come from. I'm not accusing anyone of anything , although some officiating crews may call different from others that the rest of the region are accustomed to. This may be why White House home games start at 7:30 instead of 7:00 like everyone else because of the further travel involved from a crew that comes from south of Nashville. I wish all games started at 7:30 like they were in the past because of traffic and work schedules. Over the years all fans can say this or that about officiating , home cooking etc.,even I have thought it happens , but in the end its a tough job that I wouldn't want to do and apparently that's the case because of the shortage of officials to do the games.

I don't know how it is now but when I played one our players uncle was a ref at a lot of our games so I dont believe they came from another region or district unless he lived elsewhere. Also that middle school teacher I referred to was also from my hometown so unless things have changed I don't think that is accurate but I could be wrong. I am just speaking from personal experiences etc. I generally think that most officials are fair and call the game as well as they can whether they have ties or not.

Yes the officials that call at White House are from another association, they live in the area (Sumner Co) but belong to the association out of  Central or North Central Associations. That is why they start at 7:30. In the past they usually used to officials who belonged to this association but lived the the Sumner Co area. 

On 10/25/2017 at 4:59 PM, LocoLupe said:

I don't know how it is now but when I played one our players uncle was a ref at a lot of our games so I dont believe they came from another region or district unless he lived elsewhere. Also that middle school teacher I referred to was also from my hometown so unless things have changed I don't think that is accurate but I could be wrong. I am just speaking from personal experiences etc. I generally think that most officials are fair and call the game as well as they can whether they have ties or not.

I'm not blaming any refs for any large scale wins or losses, but in close calls, who knows?  Know for a fact that one of the regular refs I've seen there is a former WH football player.  He worked with a good friend.  Hard to believe a former player would not have some bias for his old alma mater.   I would just have thought the assignments would prevent that.   

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Yeah I agree. I don’t think yo should be able to work a game if you are an alumni or directly related to a current player or staff member. If it’s a 50/50 call of course you aren’t gonna call it on your alma mater or what have you. I agree with you on that for sure. Good luck tonight! BDP

• Like 1