Milan vs Lexington

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Don't know anything about Lexington this year other than they seem to be a little down from they normally are. Maybe some posters can give some insight?Who wins this one??  Here's to hoping my dawgs are shaping up for a playoff run. 

Lexington is “down” but they are “getting hot” so take your pick. 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Don't know anything about Lexington this year other than they seem to be a little down from they normally are. Maybe some posters can give some insight?Who wins this one??  Here's to hoping my dawgs are shaping up for a playoff run. 

BPM....Lex started out 1-2....loss to South Gib....understandable....loss to Liberty...head scratcher....Lib's only win....but they're 4-1 since then so they're on a roll....good game for the Dawg's going into the South Gibson showdown....winner of that game gets 2nd and plays at home in playoffs....loser goes on the road....plus the year long bragging rights for 2 towns 7 miles apart....and they share a Wal Mart so that makes bragging rights almost unbearable for the loser...lol....

Edited by cofo

3 hours ago, cofo said:

BPM....Lex started out 1-2....loss to South Gib....understandable....loss to Liberty...head scratcher....Lib's only win....but they're 4-1 since then so they're on a roll....good game for the Dawg's going into the South Gibson showdown....winner of that game gets 2nd and plays at home in playoffs....loser goes on the road....plus the year long bragging rights for 2 towns 7 miles apart....and they share a Wal Mart so that makes bragging rights almost unbearable for the loser...lol....

Is Lexington still a run it every down type of team??

13 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

That's what they like to do BPM, but their QB can throw it around if he has to. The QB makes the Lexington offense go...he's shifty, quick, and thinks on the run. Roll out option is where he shines, but he likes to keep the ball too much in my opinion. If Milan can keep him from big gains on the ground and still cover the short pass, they can win this one. If the Dawgs have to sacrifice coverage to keep White from eating up the field and clock, they might be in trouble.

4 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

That's what they like to do BPM, but their QB can throw it around if he has to. The QB makes the Lexington offense go...he's shifty, quick, and thinks on the run. Roll out option is where he shines, but he likes to keep the ball too much in my opinion. If Milan can keep him from big gains on the ground and still cover the short pass, they can win this one. If the Dawgs have to sacrifice coverage to keep White from eating up the field and clock, they might be in trouble.

I'm still trying to figure out how Liberty beat them. 

Just now, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Been meaning to get over and see ya brother. Just had a lot going on with the job. Taken on some admin responsibilities. May still be able to catch up with ya though. Hope you are doing well. 

Doing better than I deserve... killing me at work with all the hours, but I got a job, HA! We'll have to get together later and fill in the blanks...maybe a post season game...probably have to be a Milan game :(, we ain't getting it done at the 'Hill. Good catching up...keep Tucker White surrounded and you'll be OK.

18 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Lex runs the ball during half time....kidding....Coach H has done a great job for the Big Red...Friday will be a fun game....no playoff implications...great game for both teams heading into final week....trivia....when was the last time Lexington played at Milan?...I'm thinking 1969....Coach Tucker's 1st year at Milan..some kind of bowl game in Milan...JC bowl maybe...that was back when 1-9 teams actually didn't make the play-offs....I think Milan won by a TD.....don't rack your brain Big Baby....that was WAY before your time....

Edited by cofo