Mr. Football Nominees for 2A

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be supporting #80 Thomas Burks of Blackman for Mr. Football Kicker award.   He's an amazing young man (Student body president) and has amazing career stats!  He's really done well at kicking camps across the country this year.   His stats this year so far are 47 or 47 on PAT's 1 of 2 on Field Goals (that offense doesn't attempt many field goals) 43 yard punt average, kickoffs-89% are touchbacks with a 67 yard average and long of 78 yards.   

He's an outstanding young man and I'd love for you to check out his high light video.   Oh, and I'm not related, just a fan!

Thomas Burks Mid Season Highlights

Edited by FreeAgent11

15 minutes ago, LCHS71 said:

All the boys from LC play both ways, it's something that Sharp expects, I think it pays off in the later part of the game when it's a physical game, that being said Webb does take off on kickoff and kickoff return

I think it helps that only one player plays both ways they are fresh in the 4th, the only reason he plays both ways is because he is so good it's hard not to have him out there.

all of those kids are worthy to bad all of them can win it.

On 10/19/2017 at 10:38 AM, bwx643 said:

Swafford #19 at Meigs is the real deal and is the best all around player in the state.

Also, Swafford led his team to 10 wins in his freshmen debut, not 11. 

He'll either win the award, deservedly, or make it his point to show everybody why he should have got it.  That's the intangible that he possesses. 

J. Martin #46 at Meigs is also the best LB in the area.  He deserves to be getting some attention too.

Stafford is a stud!  Deserves to be a finalist!

On 10/19/2017 at 5:29 PM, GeneralAmerigha said:

I saw the Meigs QB last year and I would say Webb from LC is better. I second whoever mentioned him. Best player Forrest saw in 2A this year. 

Webb was the best player Forrest saw in 2A this year? He was 0-6 with 0 yards passing and 5 carries for only 39 yards w/ 2tds as a runner. He doesn't even rank in the top 4 for rushing on his own team in both that game and the season. Just seems his number was called in the red zone. Against Forrest Lewis Co's RB Potts had 88yards 1TD, RB Sharp had 74 yards, and RB C. Nash had 50 yards. So the 4th leading rusher of the game with only 39 yards was the best player Forrest saw this year? Really? On defense he only had 2 solo tackles/3 assisted tackles against Forrest. 

Not Eagleville's QB Ethan Cobb that went 13-20 for 128 yards 1TD & rushed for 68 yards & 2TD in a win over Forrest. Or even CA's Tre Davidson that ran for 100+ yards against in their against Forrest? 

On 10/19/2017 at 6:29 PM, GeneralAmerigha said:

I saw the Meigs QB last year and I would say Webb from LC is better. I second whoever mentioned him. Best player Forrest saw in 2A this year. 

You saw him as a freshman, he is much better this year 32 total TD, 17 rushing 12 passing 2 pick 6's 1 fumble recovery TD, and that's not counting his defensive stats, if you haven't seen him this year you can't say the QB from LC is better.

There's a few candidates from Waverly that are great choices this year. 

#11 QB Gavin Stanfield who is having an amazing season.

#1 LB (and any where else needed) Michael Jackson has been a non stop defensive threat all season with some big numbers in tackles and TFLs.

#15 K,WR Trey Tidwell has put up some huge receiving numbers, YAC, and TDs this season. Also has a powerful and accurate leg.