The Ridgers @ Fulton

SweetScience

5 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Don't worry 92 it has been almost 10 years since the Dragons beat us, which means y'all are due for your 1 win every 10 or so years against us haha. You know I love ya bud!

That sounds like something I would say!!  I'm liking this version of SS!!!!!!!

I do NOT care what ANY Clinton fan has to say about this game!

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I've not seen where hardly anybody thinks it will be close or that we have a shot. Except me and htv. That is ok though, we could be Clinton LMAO jk 92!

You have indicated that you think Fulton will beat OR....but break it down for me. Why do you think Fulton will win?

4 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Thats fine. I don't make predictions to make people happy. Oak Ridge has already lost to 2 of the 3 best teams on their schedule. The teams that OR has beaten are not very good teams. I may be eating my words come Friday night and if I am oh well, it won't be the first time. But I don't think this game will be as close as other people think. 

I hope I'm wrong bc I would love to see OR beat Fulton. Just don't think it's going to happen.  

Fulton 38 OR 17

I understand that EVERYONE, including OR fans, think Fulton will win. But to address your comments, I'll provide the following information:

The teams Fulton has beaten own a record of 36-36...the teams OR has beaten have a record of 30-33. Fulton has played ONE 6A team and lost and beat a good 3A team (AE) 20-14. OR has played THREE 6A teams and lost to two of them. The 6A team who beat Fulton (Maryville) has a record of 8-1. The 6A teams that beat OR (D-B and Farragut) have a record of 14-4. Coacht has OR and Fulton tied on Strength of Schedule but I think by virtue of playing three 6A teams, a case can be made that OR has played a slightly tougher schedule. Fulton has an average score of 35-12 and OR has an average score of 28-16.

Everyone may be correct in saying that Fulton will win but I'll be there hoping they are all wrong.

I will go ahead and predict an Oak Ridge victory but think it will be very very very close. We have a very solid PK with a strong accurate leg and two years experience. The punter has flipped the field all season long and also has two years experience..

Caleb Martin is a sure handed and fast punt returner while Kai'Reese Pendergrass or Jordan can return KOs all the way. The coverage teams are manned by fast and nasty players.

I am sure Fulton can match Oak Ridge athletic ability in the returning game but our kicker and punter are very solid,

On offense, both teams have an experienced QB that are duel threats. Based on the comments on here Fulton has the edge but Johnny Stewart runs OR's offense with confidence. Whichever team can pressure the QB will ultimately have the upper hand on offense.

I haven't heard much on Fulton's defense but I imagine they are quick with a nice mix of strong linemen and quick LBs. Oak Ridge is much the same and getting better each week. Fulton surrenders fewer points so give them the edge. 

I am predicting a two point OR victory based on the Wildcat's kicking game.

26 minutes ago, FHSalumn12 said:

Fulton has a lot of team speed this year #6 was our closer at RB and a great LB he is only a junior tho Reb woman... but I like the confidence and aggression our boys are playing with at the moment... it should be a good one senior night district championship game... I know both teams will be ready 

I don't know anything about your team except what I see on the news every Friday night after the games. I know you have a great QB, lots of fast weapons on offense, and great team speed overall. You'll have home field advantage, whatever that's worth, and everyone thinks your team will win...even most here in OR. I hope it's a good game, a great atmosphere, and I obviously hope OR defies the odds and comes out on top!

Edited by catswild

1 hour ago, catswild said:

You have indicated that you think Fulton will beat OR....but break it down for me. Why do you think Fulton will win?

TBH with you I'm just going by common opponent score comparisons, that's it. I also give them an edge because they do have the better QB and the game is @ Fulton. Other than that I don't know a dern thing about them. I do know they'll have speed. That's a given.

6 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Based on a Visit from St. Nicholas bt C.C. Moore

'Twas the night before Fulton, when all through the football field not a Falcon was stirring, not even a Wildcat.

The uniforms were hung in the lockers with care, In hopes Coach Gaddis would soon be there,

The fans were nestled all in their seats; While visions of touchdowns danced in their heads.

When out on the field there arose such a roar, I sprang from my seat to see what was a matter. The Friday Night Lights shown on the gridiron a luster of midday to the players below, When what to my Cardinal and Gray eyes did appear,

But a formation of eleven talented Wildcats. With a strong QB, so lively and quick I knew in a moment he must be Johnny Stewart. He shouted to his players and called them by name, Now Jordan, now Kai'Reese, now Caleb and Jeremy. On Romano, on Carson and Adarius, Herbert and Isaac, on Willie.

To the end zone, to the house, to pay dirt! Now rush away rush away, rush away all.

Roll Wildcats Roll to all, and to all an Oak Ridge V I C T O R Y! 

I’m in a diabetic coma after reading that. Get your man card back Willie 

44 minutes ago, catswild said:

I understand that EVERYONE, including OR fans, think Fulton will win. But to address your comments, I'll provide the following information:

The teams Fulton has beaten own a record of 36-36...the teams OR has beaten have a record of 30-33. Fulton has played ONE 6A team and lost and beat a good 3A team (AE) 20-14. OR has played THREE 6A teams and lost to two of them. The 6A team who beat Fulton (Maryville) has a record of 8-1. The 6A teams that beat OR (D-B and Farragut) have a record of 14-4. Coacht has OR and Fulton tied on Strength of Schedule but I think by virtue of playing three 6A teams, a case can be made that OR has played a slightly tougher schedule. Fulton has an average score of 35-12 and OR has an average score of 28-16.

Everyone may be correct in saying that Fulton will win but I'll be there hoping they are all wrong.

Good points, Cats.