Polk Co. @ Marion Co. 2nd place

TheTruthPrevails

43 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

Tyners already beat them, meigs no way. Troudale almost beat Whitwell without starting running back so unless jasper Could beat Whitwell that's out. So how are they going to beat those teams

I get the feeling you are just wanting to argue with me. Trust me when I tell you. Marion County could beat any of those other three teams on any given night. 

A. Tyner.. MC was up by multiple scores with 5 minutes to go and lost. That was a winnable game. 

B. Trousdale County... They aren't as strong as they typically have been. Again it's about matchups. 

C. Meigs County.. Has been mercy ruled by Marion the past several years by halftime. They have a mental barrier to get through as well. 

Im not saying Marion will win all of the games. I'm just saying on their best night they can beat these teams. 

49 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I get the feeling you are just wanting to argue with me. Trust me when I tell you. Marion County could beat any of those other three teams on any given night. 

A. Tyner.. MC was up by multiple scores with 5 minutes to go and lost. That was a winnable game. 

B. Trousdale County... They aren't as strong as they typically have been. Again it's about matchups. 

C. Meigs County.. Has been mercy ruled by Marion the past several years by halftime. They have a mental barrier to get through as well. 

Im not saying Marion will win all of the games. I'm just saying on their best night they can beat these teams. 

Marion will have to rely on getting some turnovers to beat those teams more than likely with the way the defense has played this year.  If those teams play clean it will be tough, but i generally agree.  Meigs womt beat us i dont think.  True story, Did you know their coach requested to go to the region 2 instead of being in 3 with tyner and marion?  We played them two years in a row and they still havent stopped us.  I think if we get by tc we will win against Tyner in the rematch.

3 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Marion will have to rely on getting some turnovers to beat those teams more than likely with the way the defense has played this year.  If those teams play clean it will be tough, but i generally agree.  Meigs womt beat us i dont think.  True story, Did you know their coach requested to go to the region 2 instead of being in 3 with tyner and marion?  We played them two years in a row and they still havent stopped us.  I think if we get by tc we will win against Tyner in the rematch.

I didn't know that.  I'm thinking when the classifications were done and released Meigs was in region 2 when they came out.   Regions are released by the TSSAA then a school can petition to be moved and it will have to be granted.  

4 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

12 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I didn't know that.  I'm thinking when the classifications were done and released Meigs was in region 2 when they came out.   Regions are released by the TSSAA then a school can petition to be moved and it will have to be granted.  

Here ya go Truth.  This is an article when the regions were released.  Meigs is in region 2.  You can also notice that Greenback was in region 1 and they appealed to go to region 2 in 1A.   There would be no reason for a request to go to region 2 for Meigs because that is where they were put by Bernard and Company.  

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/11/11/tssaa-announces-new-athletic-regions-2017-20/93641770/

59 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Here ya go Truth.  This is an article when the regions were released.  Meigs is in region 2.  You can also notice that Greenback was in region 1 and they appealed to go to region 2 in 1A.   There would be no reason for a request to go to region 2 for Meigs because that is where they were put by Bernard and Company.  

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/11/11/tssaa-announces-new-athletic-regions-2017-20/93641770/

Greenback appealed to STAY in region 2!We were moved to reg 1 in the new alignment.Region 2 is the toughest in the East,region 1 wouldnt have done a thing for us but make it a cake walk to the playoffs and a 1 seed.

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

Greenback appealed to STAY in region 2!We were moved to reg 1 in the new alignment.Region 2 is the toughest in the East,region 1 wouldnt have done a thing for us but make it a cake walk to the playoffs and a 1 seed.

That's what I said.  Yall were in region 1 but appealed to go to region 2.   Yall were in region 2 before the last alignment but had to swap out with another school to do so.

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

That's what I said.  Yall were in region 1 but appealed to go to region 2.   Yall were in region 2 before the last alignment but had to swap out with another school to do so.

Yes.We have ALWAYS been a region 2 team but they have tried like crazy to put us in region 1.But the weaker teams wanted to swap to have an easier path to the playoffs so we said go on!LOL.

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yes.We have ALWAYS been a region 2 team but they have tried like crazy to put us in region 1.But the weaker teams wanted to swap to have an easier path to the playoffs so we said go on!LOL.

The only reason I brought it up is Truth said Meigs' coach requested to go to region 2 instead of being region 3 with them and Tyner.  But according to that article I linked, Meigs was already destined for region 2.  And it showed yall in region 1 and I brought that up to show it was the proposed regions by the TSSAA.  

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

The only reason I brought it up is Truth said Meigs' coach requested to go to region 2 instead of being region 3 with them and Tyner.  But according to that article I linked, Meigs was already destined for region 2.  And it showed yall in region 1 and I brought that up to show it was the proposed regions by the TSSAA.  

Yes i know.Meigs was in region 2 back with us a few years ago.Been a region 2 team for 5 years now.