Polk Co. @ Marion Co. 2nd place

TheTruthPrevails

7 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I get the feeling you are just wanting to argue with me. Trust me when I tell you. Marion County could beat any of those other three teams on any given night. 

A. Tyner.. MC was up by multiple scores with 5 minutes to go and lost. That was a winnable game. 

B. Trousdale County... They aren't as strong as they typically have been. Again it's about matchups. 

C. Meigs County.. Has been mercy ruled by Marion the past several years by halftime. They have a mental barrier to get through as well. 

Im not saying Marion will win all of the games. I'm just saying on their best night they can beat these teams. 

I will have to agree Marion has took care of Meigs the last couple years, but as you know in small schools every year is different, and if the game happens this may be the best defense Marion has faced all year, and has bad has Marions defense has been this year they will struggle to stop Meigs, they have a lot of weapons on offense good speed, good receivers, running back is fast and runs hard and the QB will be the best players on the field, but I don't see Marion making it that far.

28 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I will have to agree Marion has took care of Meigs the last couple years, but as you know in small schools every year is different, and if the game happens this may be the best defense Marion has faced all year, and has bad has Marions defense has been this year they will struggle to stop Meigs, they have a lot of weapons on offense good speed, good receivers, running back is fast and runs hard and the QB will be the best players on the field, but I don't see Marion making it that far.

If Saylors is still at Marion then he will be the best player on the field and the Warriors are still the favorite in that game. 

Polk may be able to keep this competitive IF they get a few of their injured players back. Polk is headed back in the right direction. Marion still wins this one by 25+.

7 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Marion will have to rely on getting some turnovers to beat those teams more than likely with the way the defense has played this year.  If those teams play clean it will be tough, but i generally agree.  Meigs womt beat us i dont think.  True story, Did you know their coach requested to go to the region 2 instead of being in 3 with tyner and marion?  We played them two years in a row and they still havent stopped us.  I think if we get by tc we will win against Tyner in the rematch.

The 2A east is absolutely wide open. Any of the four teams could represent. The only reason Marion isn't the favorite is because the defense has been so bad. If the defense was just decent then they would be my pick. 

22 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

The 2A east is absolutely wide open. Any of the four teams could represent. The only reason Marion isn't the favorite is because the defense has been so bad. If the defense was just decent then they would be my pick. 

It's fun to be in the position to debate it and Meigs fans have had some good times on Friday nights this year and the future looks bright, I believe Meigs only starts 2 or 3 seniors.

you never know what's going to happen once the playoffs start, everyone is fighting for their life's.

12 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Marion will have to rely on getting some turnovers to beat those teams more than likely with the way the defense has played this year.  If those teams play clean it will be tough, but i generally agree.  Meigs womt beat us i dont think.  True story, Did you know their coach requested to go to the region 2 instead of being in 3 with tyner and marion?  We played them two years in a row and they still havent stopped us.  I think if we get by tc we will win against Tyner in the rematch.

That story is not true at all my guy. Someone’s yanking your chain. 

14 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I get the feeling you are just wanting to argue with me. Trust me when I tell you. Marion County could beat any of those other three teams on any given night. 

A. Tyner.. MC was up by multiple scores with 5 minutes to go and lost. That was a winnable game. 

B. Trousdale County... They aren't as strong as they typically have been. Again it's about matchups. 

C. Meigs County.. Has been mercy ruled by Marion the past several years by halftime. They have a mental barrier to get through as well. 

Im not saying Marion will win all of the games. I'm just saying on their best night they can beat these teams. 

Everything you say here about jasper can do this and that you basically look down on your own team and don't give us much of a chance about our opponents. I at least gave you reasons why jasper couldn't. Give me reasons why we cant

We shall see come playoff time..think meigs has a decent team but don't believe they're world beaters or as good as their record shows. 10-0 is awesome but when your opponents as a total have won 35 games not counting wartburg which is also awful I just don't see it. That's my personal opinion I would soon play a little bit stronger of a schedule and reep the benefits come playoff time if that means not being 10-0 so be it but right now our focus is Polk county

2 hours ago, BooBoo5 said:

We shall see come playoff time..think meigs has a decent team but don't believe they're world beaters or as good as their record shows. 10-0 is awesome but when your opponents as a total have won 35 games not counting wartburg which is also awful I just don't see it. That's my personal opinion I would soon play a little bit stronger of a schedule and reep the benefits come playoff time if that means not being 10-0 so be it but right now our focus is Polk county

I will have to disagree with that, Meigs and Marion have 3 common opponents, Hixson 5A, Polk, Sequatchie Co 3A, I'm still stacking my head trying to figure out how Marion gave up 42 points to Sequatchie, Sweetwater 3A which is always pretty good, Cumberland Co 4A, Oneida, you never know if teams are down when scheduling.